Pre-requisite: Procedure to E-mail Writing
This is a TCS model placement email-writing question. It covers the important directions along with a sample solution to the question.
- Use all the phrases given.
- Minimum words should be 50 otherwise your email cannot be validated.
- Addressing and signing should be done as in the question given.
- Common grammatical rules, punctuation should be according to standard English.
- You can use your own phrases along with the phrases given.
As a student representative of your department, write an email to your batch mates, suggesting a party for Head of Department Prof.Mandy who is retiring next month. Sign the email as Shruti.
inform - retire - plan - surprise - party - host - family - exceptional teacher - guide - mentor - groom - students - helpful - together - memorable
Solution – Sample E-mail:
This is to inform all that the Head of Department Prof. Mandy is going to retire next month and hence we would like to plan for a surprise party for her and her family and host it on the eve of her retirement. We already know that Prof. Mandy is an exceptional teacher and has been a guide and mentor to the seniors and other students of this institution. She has been a very helpful teacher and a person. Its a request to all the students to come together and make the event successful and one of the most memorable eve of her life.
Thanks and regards,
Note: You can write your own versions of e-mail keeping in mind the points needed to be taken care of while an e-mail. Refer Procedure to E-mail Writing.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Cognizant Placement Paper | Aptitude Set 4
- Cognizant Placement Paper | Aptitude Set 3
- English Reading Comprehension | Set 5
- English Reading Comprehension | Set 4
- English Reading Comprehension | Set 3
- English Reading Comprehension | Set 1
- English Reading Comprehension | Set 2
- MuSigma Aptitude Test – Round I
- Nutanix Interview Experience (On-Campus)
- Cognizant Placement Paper | Aptitude Set 2