Pre-requisite: Procedure to E-mail Writing
This is a TCS model placement email-writing question. It covers the important directions along with a sample solution to the question.
- Use all the phrases given.
- Minimum words should be 70 otherwise your email cannot be validated.
- Addressing and signing should be done as in the question given.
- Common grammatical rules, punctuation should be according to standard English.
- You can use your own phrases along with the phrases given.
Using the following phrases, write an email with a minimum of 70 words to the customer Mr Roy explaining the delay to the project.
Payment processing system – Schedule – 10th May (Friday) – Unexpected power outage – 3 days – Overall delay – 7 days – includes recovery of lost work – will not recur
Solution – Sample E-mail:
Dear Mr Roy,
The project “Payment Processing System” which was scheduled to be completed by 10th May (Friday) will face a delay. Due to an unexpected power outage at the site for the past 3 days and failing to get the backups online, an overall delay is imminent. Therefore a maximum of 7 days would be required to come up with an overhaul which includes recovery of lost work and resuming the task.
We would like to apologize for the delay caused and would ensure that the failure will not recur in the future again.
Thanks and regards,
Note: You can write your own versions of e-mail keeping in mind the points needed to be taken care of while an e-mail. Refer Procedure to E-mail Writing.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- TCS Placement Paper | Email Writing Question 2
- TCS Placement Paper | Email Writing Question 3
- TCS Placement Paper | Email Writing Question 4
- TCS Placement Paper | Email Writing Question 6
- TCS Placement Paper | Email Writing Question 7
- TCS Placement Paper | Email Writing Question 9
- TCS Placement Paper | Email Writing Question 10
- TCS Placement Paper | Email Writing Question 1
- TCS Placement Paper | Email Writing Question 5
- TCS Placement Paper | E-mail Writing
- TCS Placement Paper | MCQ 7
- TCS Placement Paper | MCQ 8
- TCS Placement Paper | MCQ 1
- TCS Placement Paper | MCQ 2
- TCS Placement Paper | MCQ 3
- TCS Placement Paper | MCQ 4
- TCS Placement Paper | MCQ 5
- TCS Placement Paper | MCQ 6
- TCS Placement Paper | MCQ 9
- TCS Placement Paper | MCQ 10
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.