Scrum (software development)
Scrum is the type of Agile framework. It is a framework within which people can address complex adaptive problem while productivity and creativity of delivering product is at highest possible values. Scrum uses Iterative process.
Silent features of Scrum are:
- Scrum is light-weighted framework
- Scrum emphasizes self-organization
- Scrum is simple to understand
- Scrum framework help the team to work together
Lifecycle of Scrum:
A Sprint is a time-box of one month or less. A new Sprint starts immediately after the completion of the previous Sprint.
When the product is completed then it goes to the Release stage.
If the product still have some non-achievable features then it will be checked in this stage and then the product is passed to the Sprint Retrospective stage.
In this stage quality or status of the product is checked.
According to the prioritize features the product is organized.
Sprint Backlog is divided into two parts Product assigned features to sprint and Sprint planning meeting.
Advantage of using Scrum framework:
- Scrum framework is fast moving and money efficient.
- Scrum framework works by dividing the large product into small sub-products. It’s like a divide and conquer strategy
- In Scrum customer satisfaction is very important.
- Scrum is adaptive in nature because it have short sprint.
- As Scrum framework rely on constant feedback therefore the quality of product increases in less amount of time
Disadvantage of using Scrum framework:
- Scrum framework do not allow changes into their sprint.
- Scrum framework is not fully described model. If you wanna adopt it you need to fill in the framework with your own details like Extreme Programming(XP), Kanban, DSDM.
- It can be difficult for the Scrum to plan, structure and organize a project that lacks a clear definition.
- The daily Scrum meetings and frequent reviews require substantial resources.