Once upon a time Tom and Jerry thought of having a race on a circular track. The diameter of the track was 200 yards.
- They both started from same starting point. Tom being confident did not move until he found jerry has moved 1/8-th of the distance.
- Now Tom starts to move and meets jerry on the circular track. Tom finds that at this point of time ,he has moved only 1/6th of total distance. Now the fear of losing the race starts to disturb him.
- He starts wondering how much faster should he move comparatively to win the race. Please help him .
Solution: Tom has to move 85/4 times faster than his current speed to win the race.
Initially, Jerry has traveled 3/24 of the distance of circular track. When Tom and Jerry met, we can find that Jerry had moved a distance of 17/24 of the circular track. We can subtract 7/8th of total distance to 1/6th of total distance.
At this time, Tom had moved a distance of 4/24th distance of circular track. Now we can find that speed of Jerry is 17/4 times faster than that of Tom. So, basically Jerry is 17/4 times faster than Tom. Now, Tom has to move 5/6th of the track while Jerry has only 1/6th left. So, in order to win Tom has to move 5 times faster than jerry’s rate which is 85/4 to overcome .
Therefore, if Tom moves at a little faster speed than 85/4 times of previous speed, he would certainly win the race.
This puzzle is contributed by Ankur Chaudhary. Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 38 | (Tic Tac Toe Puzzle)
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Puzzle | Elevator Puzzle
- Puzzle 7 | (3 Bulbs and 3 Switches)
- Puzzle 10 | (A Man with Medical Condition and 2 Pills)
- Puzzle 11 | (1000 Coins and 10 Bags)
- Puzzle 17 | (Ratio of Boys and Girls in a Country where people want only boys)
Improved By : zweack