An image histogram is chart representation of the distribution of intensities in an Indexed image or grayscale image. It shows how many times each intensity value in image occurs.
Code #1: Display histogram of an image using MATLAB library function.
Code #2: Display Histogram of an Image without using MATLAB Library function.
- Read the source image file into image matrix
- Convert it to grayscale, if it is an RGB image
- Iterate over image matrix and count the frequency of every possible value of intensity
- plot the counted frequency
- MATLAB | Converting a Grayscale Image to Binary Image using Thresholding
- MATLAB | RGB image to grayscale image conversion
- MATLAB | Complement colors in a Grayscale Image
- Display the red, green and blue color planes of a color image in MATLAB
- Java | Converting an Image into Grayscale using cvtColor()
- Histogram Equalisation in C | Image Processing
- Image Resizing in Matlab
- Image Complement in Matlab
- Matlab | Erosion of an Image
- MATLAB | RGB image representation
- Matlab | Dilation of an Image
- LSB based Image steganography using MATLAB
- MATLAB | Complement colors in RGB Image
- How to vertically flip an Image using MATLAB
- Extract bit planes from an Image in Matlab
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.