I recently sat in on-campus interview for MAQ Software. The whole interview process comprised of the following rounds.
It comprised of general aptitude questions and two coding questions. It was an offline test. The coding questions were:
1. Given an array A consisting of 0’s, 1’s and 2’s, give an algorithm for sorting A.
2. N-Queen Problem.
After this round around 40 students were shortlisted from around 150 students.
After this there were three more rounds and each round was an elimination one.
1. The interviewer started by having a look at my CV. He asked for a firm technical introduction.
2. He asked question about my projects. As I have had my intern from a very good place, he appeared impressed from the very start.
3. After having a technical discussion about my CV. He gave me two questions to code as following:
a.) Given a linked list find whether loop exists or not. Find the starting point of loop.
b.) Given a very big string, find whether the given substring exists or not in minimum time and space complexity.
After this round around 15 students were shortlisted.
1. The interviewer was a young guy. He too had a look at my CV and appeared impressed.
2. He discussed in detail about the two major projects done during my internship.
3. He sat smiling at me with a friendly look and said that yes you have had actually done a lot of work. In the end for formality sake he gave me one question to code. The question was to find the in-order successor in a binary tree. He later told me that the tree is BST.
After this round around 5 students were shortlisted.
This was supposed to be the HR round but out of surprise the interviewer started by giving me a question to code. The question was to print all the combinations of balanced parenthesis for a given value n. For example if n=2, we will have ()(), (()) as two balanced pairs possible.
After I approached this question with the right solution he just asked about my family. After that he said to wait.
After half an hour the results were announced. A total of three students were hired and I was amongst one of them. 🙂
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- ServiceNow Interview Experience Oncampus
- UHG Interview Experience | OnCampus- 2019
- MathWorks Interview Experience (EDG, Oncampus)
- InfoEdge Interview Experience | OnCampus-2019
- Arcesium Interview Experience - Senior Software Engineer (3 years experience)
- Brocade Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer 0-2.5 Years Experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience Software Engineer (1+ year experience)
- Daffodil Software Interview Experience for Software Developer | On-Campus
- Belzabar Software Interview Experience | Set 5 (Off-Campus for Software Developer)
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 8 (Off Campus for Software Engineer-1)
- MAQ Software Interview Experience
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 2
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 3
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 7
- Eze Software Interview Experience | Set 2