Hey folks. KPMG had visited us for their recruitment drive in September 2020. They had come looking for candidates for 2 job profiles namely ITA Risk Advisory and Financial Risk Management Analyst. There were about 2000-2500 people who had applied. The eligibility criteria were 60% in 10th, 12th, and Undergraduate course. Students from CSE, IT, Software Technology, ECE, and EEE could apply.
Round 1: This was an online aptitude test that was conducted on their own platform. The test comprised of 130 questions.
- Character Assessment MCQs: There were 90 odd questions in the 130 which were character assessment questions where various work-life day-to-day scenarios were given. The questions were in the MCQ Format and had options agree, strongly agree, disagree, and strongly disagree.
- Quantitative Analysis, Verbal and Logical Reasoning: The remaining 40 questions were easy-moderate questions comprising Quantitative Analysis, Verbal and Logical Reasoning questions. In quants, there were general questions on time and work, profit and loss, number system, etc. In LR, the questions were generally from blood relations, coding, and decoding, patterns, arrangements, etc. In verbal, the questions asked where sentence correction, making coherent passages, choosing the right option, general fill in the blanks based on tenses, etc. The questions were not too difficult. One can solve Indiabix questions to get a hang of it.
After round 1, 60 people were shortlisted for the next round for FRM, and 130 odd people were shortlisted for the ITA Role.
Round 2: The next round for FRM was a case study discussion that was held the next day. There were teams formed where there were 7-8 members in each team. The case study discussion was carried out on Microsoft Teams. The topic given to my group was “How can technology be used in the Banking sector”. There were 3 members of KPMG who were present in the panel. The case study discussion was well conducted and lasted for about 25-30 mins.
After the conclusion of the Case study discussion, there were about 3 people chosen from each team and there were 16 people shortlisted for the technical interviews.
Round 3: This round was a technical interview. It was conducted on Microsoft Teams and was held by a member of the panel who had held the case study discussion. The interviewer first asked me to explain in detail what I had spoken in the case study discussion. He then asked me in detail about my internship and what projects I had done there. He also asked me some small questions on cloud and blockchain. The remaining questions asked were based on skills mentioned in resume and certain situational based questions. He also asked some general questions about how I would tackle the role and understand the functionalities of the role etc. He also asked if I had exhibited leadership anywhere and what initiatives I had taken in college.
Round 4: This round was an HR Interview Round which was also conducted on Microsoft Teams. The interviewer asked me general HR Based questions such as strengths and weaknesses, about my family, my preferred location, and my schooling, etc. She also asked me about my hobbies and my courses mentioned in the CV. She also asked me about what volunteer experiences I had. Finally, she asked how comfortable would I be to learn new things and courses and if I would be able to adjust to this job, etc.
After taking both the technical and HR interviews into consideration, 3 people were shortlisted for the final round.
Round 5: This was a Partner round where is a senior member of the FRM Practice in KPMG joined us along with the HR and Technical Round interviewer. Here the partner asked about how I found the process and If I had any complaints. He then asked me general questions on what I knew about Financial Risk Management. He then briefed me about the FRM Practice in KPMG, and he briefed me about what I would have to do and what was expected of me. He then asked me about the location I would prefer and finally congratulated me on getting the job.
Finally, 3 students were selected from college for The role of Financial Risk Management Analyst.
The process was smooth and the interviewers were warm and supportive. Having good communication skills is a must though to be able to do well in this recruitment process. Hope this article will help you in preparing for KPMG. All the best.
- KPMG Interview Experience | Campus Placement 2020
- KPMG Interview Experience | Off-Campus
- KPMG On Campus Placement Experience-2019
- Financial Software Systems Interview Experience | Set 1 (On Campus)
- Nirvana Financial Solutions Interview Experience | Set 1 (Off campus for Internship)
- Oracle Interview Experience | Set 20 (On-Campus for Oracle Financial Services Software)
- Oracle Interview Experience | Set 22 (On-Campus for Oracle Financial Services Software)
- Broadridge Financial Solutions Interview Experience (On Campus)
- Oracle Financial Services Software (OFSS) Interview Experience (On Campus )
- Optum Campus Recruitment for Data Analyst
- Deloitte On Campus Recruitment For Associate Analyst
- Oracle Financial Services Software (On Campus Interview for Associate Application Developer)
- Financial Software Systems Pvt Ltd. Interview Experience
- Amazon Interview Experience | (Off-Campus 2020 for Programmer Analyst)
- Deutsche Bank Interview Experience | Graduate Analyst ( On Campus FTE August 2020 )
- Deutsche Bank Interview Experience for Graduate Analyst (On-Campus FTE July 2020 )
- ZS Associates Interview Experience for FTE Business Technology Analyst | On-Campus 2020 (Virtual)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience for Summer Analyst Internship | On-Campus 2020
- Amdocs Interview Experience for System Analyst | On-Campus(Virtual) 2020
- Deloitte Interview Experience for Business Technology Analyst | On-Campus 2020(Virtual)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.