The onchange event attribute works when the value of the element changes and select the new value from the List. It is a part of event attribute. It is similar to oninput event attribute. But the difference is while oninput attribute event occurs immediately after the value of element changes, while onchange event occur when the element looses focus. This attribute is associated with <select> element.
<element onchange = "script">
Attribute Value: This attribute contains single value script which works when onchange attribute called.
Supported Browsers: The browser supported by onchange event attribute are listed below:
- Apple Safari
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- HTML | DOM onchange Event
- How to trigger onchange event on input type=range while dragging in Firefox ?
- HTML | onmouseup Event Attribute
- HTML | onmouseout Event Attribute
- HTML | onwheel Event Attribute
- HTML | oncontextmenu Event Attribute
- HTML | onreset Event Attribute
- HTML | onafterprint Event Attribute
- HTML | onbeforeprint Event Attribute
- HTML | ondblclick Event Attribute
- HTML | oninput Event Attribute
- HTML | onmousemove Event Attribute
- HTML | onkeydown Event Attribute
- HTML | ondragleave Event Attribute
- HTML | onresize Event Attribute
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.