How to Setup Wifi Connection at Home?
The internet is made life more wonderful for many people, with Wi-Fi connections making it possible for the whole family to be online at home. However, setting up Wi-Fi at home isn’t as simple as plugging in and going on the internet. There are a lot of considerations that need to be made first before you can get that sweet, sweet boost of speed.
Wi-Fi Connection At Home:
There are many helpful websites to help you set up your Wi-Fi at home. However, the basic steps on how to install Wi-Fi in your home are more complicated than most people think. Before you can go ahead and set up the Wi-Fi in your home, there are a few things that you have to do before starting. The time required for setting up the Wi-Fi information depends on where you live and whether it is a private or public space. The Wi-Fi signals will be strong enough that it doesn’t interfere with any television signals that may be present in another room on the same frequency. You should also ensure that there is no leakage of data from the electrical wiring into any other lines. If there is a concern about interference in your home, you should consult an electrician for advice on how to proceed safely. There are many channels on which you can choose to set up your Wi-Fi information. You will have to take into account the number of devices in use around the home, or in the business where you intend to install a Wi-Fi connection at home for. You should also consider whether your neighbors will be affected by your setup and plan accordingly. The internet is a very important part of life for most people. However, it’s not always readily available, especially where you live. If you have a strong internet connection at home, then there’s no reason why you can’t enjoy everything the internet has to offer from the comfort of your own living room.
Steps of Connecting Cable to Wi-Fi :
- Step 1: First you need to know your Wi-Fi router name or SSID and password. Press the WPS button on your router and then press the WPS button on your computer.
- Step 2: Click Paired Devices. If you have more than one PC, Mac, or another device in range that has been paired before, a list of those devices will appear. Choose the device you want to connect to and click Connect.
- Step 3: If it does not work for the first time, please press Ctrl+Alt+Delete on the keyboard at the same time, so the computer will restart automatically Then go back to step 1 again and try again.
- Step 4: If it does not work for the second time, please change another Wi-Fi channel from the list from the router manual instead of channels 1 and 2.
Note: Write your Wi-Fi password down clearly in case you forget it later. Pick a strong password and make sure to remember it or write it down If you decide to write it down, keep it in a safe place (not on your computer) and try not to leave notes on your desk or around the house.
1. Configuration of Router:
- Step 1: Change the SSID and change the Wi-Fi channel of your router from default 1 or 2.
- Step 2: Now you can connect to your Wi-Fi internet connection from your home
2. Configuration of Computer:
- Step 1: Change the Wi-Fi Configurations of the computer to have a strong password and Change the Wi-Fi channel on the computer if possible.
- Step 2: Write your Wi-Fi password down clearly in case you forget it later.
- Step 3: A word about password: Pick a strong password and make sure to remember it or write it down If you choose to write it down, keep it in a safe place (not on your computer) and try not to leave notes on your desk or around the house.
3. Steps to connect to Wi-Fi Network:
- Step 1: Press the WPS button on your router and then press the WPS button on your computer.
- Step 2: A drop-down list should appear with two options.
- Step 3: Click Paired Devices. If you have more than one PC, Mac, or another device in range that has been paired before, a list of those devices will appear. Decide the device you want to connect to and click Connect.
- Step 4: If it does not work for the first time, please press Ctrl+Alt+Delete on the keyboard at the same time, so the computer will restart automatically Then go back to step 1 again and try again.
- You should take the time to investigate what your options are concerning network security before you decide to go ahead and purchase a product.
- There’s no point in taking steps toward setting up Wi-Fi at home if it’s not going to be secure. There are a lot of people who set up internet connections without realizing the importance of security measures.
- Unfortunately, once the connection has been set up, most people don’t think about improving their security. For example, they don’t use passwords or encryption when transmitting the information.
- This leaves their data open to anyone who wants to intercept it, causing problems with data theft and even physical theft from an unsecured computer.
If you are running a business, then you should consider how important internet security is to your employees before allowing them to set up Wi-Fi at home. If you allow employees to install an internet connection at home without requiring passwords, they’re able to access sensitive information and make it available to anyone who wants it. This can cause physical theft of data as well as financial security issues. Corporate espionage is a real issue that any company should take seriously. To prevent this from happening, you need to ensure that any confidential information is only accessed by authorized people who have the appropriate clearance for the information that they require.
Please Login to comment...