This is an HCL model paper for Verbal Aptitude. This placement paper will cover aptitude that is asked in HCL placements and also strictly follows the pattern of questions asked in HCL papers. It is recommended to solve each one of the following questions to increase your chances of clearing the HCL placement.
- We __________ our friend’s birthday and we ________ how to make it up to him.
- Completely forgot — don’t just know
- Forgot completely — don’t just know
- Completely forgot — just don’t know
- Forgot completely — just don’t know
Completely forgot --- just don’t know
We Completely forgot our friend’s birthday and we just don’t know how to make it up to him.
- Choose the statement where underlined word is used correctly.
- The industrialist had a personnel jet
- I write my experience in my personnel diary
- All personnel are being given the day off
- Being religious is a personnel aspect
All personnel are being given the day off
personnel mean a body of persons employed in an organization or place of work.
- A generic term that includes various items of clothing such as a skirt, a pair of trousers and a shirt is
apparel means clothing.
- Out of the following four sentences, select the most suitable sentence with respect to grammar and usage:
- Since the report lacked needed information, it was of no use to them
- The report was useless to them because there were no needed information in it
- Since the report did not contain the needed information, it was not real useful to them
- Since the report lacked needed information, it would not had been useful to them
Since the report lacked needed information, it was of no use to them
Only option (A) seems correct.
In option (B) – were is wrong used here.
In option (C) – real is wrong, should be really
In option (D) – had is wrong. would not have been is correct.
- The Tamil version of ________ John Abraham-starrer Madras Cafe _____ cleared by the Censor Board with no cuts last week, but the film’s distributors ______ no takers among the exhibitors for a release in Tamil Nadu _________ this Friday.
- Mr., was, found, on
- a, was, found, at
- the, was, found, on
- a, being, find at
the, was, found, on
- Extreme focus on syllabus and studying for tests has become such a dominant concern of Indian students that they close their minds to anything ________ to the requirements of the exam.
- Select the pair that best expresses a relationship similar to that expressed in the pair:
Children : Pediatrician
- Adult : Orthopaedist
- Females : Gynaecologist
- Kidney : Nephrologist
- Skin : Dermatologist
Females : Gynaecologist
Pediatrician is a doctor for children. Gynaecologist is a doctor for Females.
- Select the correct SYNONYM for:
- Select the correct SYNONYM for:
- Select the correct ANTONYM for:
- While trying to collect(I) an envelope from under the table (II), Mr. X fell down (III) and was losing consciousness (IV)
Which one of the above underlined parts of the sentence is NOT appropriate?
Here, part IV is incorrect. “was losing consciousness” shows the continuous process of losing consciousness, but he was not in the process, rather he just lost consciousness.
So, the correction is ” was losing consciousness ” => ” lost consciousness “.
Thus, IV is the correct choice.
Please comment below if you find anything wrong in the above post.
- If she _______________ how to calibrate the instrument, she _______________ done the experiment.
- knows, will have
- knew, had
- had known, could have
- should have known, would have
had known, could have
A)knows, will have //Present, future
B)knew, had //past past
c)had known, could have//past perfect, perfect conditional
D)should have known, would have //present, future
In a Type 3 conditional sentence, the tense in the ‘if’ clause is the past perfect, and the tense in the main clause is the perfect conditional or the perfect continuous conditional.
If clause (condition) Main clause (result) If + past perfect perfect conditional or perfect continuous conditional If this thing had happened that thing would have happened.
- Choose the word that is opposite in meaning to the word “coherent”.
Coherent – Adj.
Meaning – (of an argument, theory, or policy) logical and consistent.
Rambling – Adj.
Meaning – (of writing or speech) lengthy and confused or inconsequential.
Hence both are opposite to each other.
- Didn’t you buy _________ when you went shopping?
- any paper
- much paper
- no paper
- a few paper
In general, any is used in negative sentences and questions.
- Select a word from the given options that fit the blank most appropriately.
Statement: Don’t judge a book ____ its cover
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- HCL Placement Paper | Verbal Reasoning Set - 5
- HCL Placement Paper | Verbal Reasoning Set - 1
- IBM Placement Paper | Verbal Reasoning Set - 1
- HCL Placement Paper | Verbal Reasoning Set - 3
- IBM Placement Paper | Verbal Reasoning Set - 3
- HCL Placement Paper | Verbal Reasoning Set - 2
- IBM Placement Paper | Verbal Reasoning Set - 5
- IBM Placement Paper | Verbal Reasoning Set - 2
- IBM Placement Paper | Verbal Reasoning Set - 4
- IBM Placement Paper | Logical Reasoning Set 2
- IBM Placement Paper | Logical Reasoning Set 3
- IBM Placement Paper | Logical Reasoning Set - 1
- IBM Placement Paper | Logical Reasoning Set - 4
- HCL Placement Paper | Logical Reasoning Set - 5
- HCL Placement Paper | Logical Reasoning Set - 4
- HCL Placement Paper | Logical Reasoning Set - 2
- HCL Placement Paper | Logical Reasoning Set - 1
- IBM Placement Paper | Logical Reasoning Set - 5
- HCL Placement Paper | Logical Reasoning Set - 3
- AMCAT Mock Paper | Verbal Aptitude 2
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.