Firestore is a NoSQL database developed by Google as an alternative to the firebase database which has gained massive popularity. It has been designed to provide a better developer experience and simplify the development process. It is a powerful tool for storing data.
Now, Let’s discuss the advantages of Firestore.
Asynchronous Querying –
- Through one of the essential features of a firestore, data can be retrieved from mobile and web in real-time.
- When a query is performed one can attach a listener to it that receives real-time callbacks, hence query listener will be notified every time it changes.
- Thus, real-time updates can be achieved from the document.
Offers Excellent data handling Capabilities –
- With Cloud Firestore, it is easier to handle and organize data.
- Firestore stores data in documents organized into collections and provides a high-performance query engine with which developers can run complicated queries against the NoSQL database.
- Cloud Firestore is optimized for storing large collections of small documents to provide extensive flexibility in data structuring.
Offline Support –
- Firestore provides offline synchronization which helps users to interact with the app when there is no network connectivity.
- Hence, the users can store data offline and sync it to the database immediately when connected.
- Firestore libraries handle all the syncing, data merging, notifications, and other problems that allow apps to run perfectly when they are not connected to the internet.
Designed to scale –
- Firestore is a fast NoSQL database designed for scaling with the Google cloud platform offering automatic horizontal scaling as per load.
- It offers global scalability and strong reliability
However, there are various databases available in the market and you can’t figure out which is the best. As with everything in programming — you need to wage pros and cons, consider the future and select what is best for your app. You have to understand your needs for your project.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.