Advantages and Disadvantages of PHP
PHP language :
The name PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor and denotes a server-side scripting language, which suggests that applications written thereon run on web servers and don’t depend upon the online browser. Syntax of PHP language is analogous to C language. It is created by Rasmus Lerdorf and it appeared in 1995. PHP is being widely utilized in developing web applications and become one among main languages for developers to make new applications.
Leading social networking sites like Facebook and reputed organizations like Harvard University are both supported PHP which makes PHP popular and increases its credibility.
However, over years, its area of use has shifted, and nowadays PHP coding language is ranked among simplest and hottest programming tools for web development thanks to its many virtues which can be main target of this text . it’s considered a really effective technology that gives a convenient development process with many additional tools to assist it. In fact, consistent with recognition of programming language Index (PYPL), PHP is that the fifth hottest coding language within world.
PHP is getting used widely in developing web-based and other applications across all domains. for a few of technology supported which PHP applications are developed listed below :
- Content Management System.
- Web-based applications and development of sites.
- E-commerce websites and applications.
- Data Analytics and Representation.
- Processing of Images.
- Graphical interface design based applications.
- Developing the features of Flash.
Advantages of PHP :
- Most important advantage of PHP is that it’s open source and freed from cost. It are often downloaded anywhere and readily available to use for event of web applications.
- It is platform independent. PHP based applications can run on any OS like UNIX, Linux and windows, etc.
- Application can easily be loaded which are based on PHP and connected to database. it’s mainly used due to its faster rate of loading over slow internet and speed than another programming language.
- It has less learning curve, because it is straightforward and straightforward to use. If a private knows C programming can easily work on PHP.
- It is more stable from a few years with assistance of providing continuous support to various versions.
- It helps in reusing an equivalent code and no got to write lengthy code and sophisticated structure for event of web applications.
- It helps in managing code easily.
- It has powerful library support to use various function modules for data representation.
- PHP’s built-in database connection modules help in connecting database easily reduce trouble and time for development of web applications and content based sites.
- Popularity of PHP gave rise to various community of developers, a fraction of which may be potential candidates for hire.
- Flexibility makes PHP ready to effectively combine with many other programming languages in order that the software package could use foremost effective technology for every particular feature.
Disadvantages of PHP :
- It is not that secure due to its open-source, because the ASCII text file are often easily available.
- It is not suitable for giant content-based web applications.
- It has a weak type, which can cause incorrect data and knowledge to user.
- PHP frameworks got to learn to use PHP built-in functionalities to avoid writing additional code.
- Using more features of PHP framework and tools cause poor performance of online applications.
- PHP don’t allow change or modification in core behavior of online applications.
- The PHP frameworks aren’t an equivalent in behavior so does their performance and features.
- While PHP may be a powerful tool supported by an outsized community and plentiful reference documentation, there are easier programming languages for web apps.
- It is widely believed by the developers that PHP features a poor quality of handling errors. PHP lacks debugging tools, which are needed to look for errors and warnings. PHP has less number of debugging tools in comparison to other programming languages.
- It’s highly tough to manage because, it’s not competent modular. It already imitates the features of Java language.