Data Science: Data science is the field of study that combines domain expertise, programming skills, and knowledge of mathematics and statistics to extract meaningful insights from data.
Data science practitioners apply machine learning algorithms to numbers, text, images, video, audio, and more to produce artificial intelligence (AI) systems to perform tasks that ordinarily require human intelligence. In turn, these systems generate insights that analysts and business users can translate into tangible business value.
Web Development: Web Development refers to building, creating, and maintaining websites. It includes aspects such as web design, web publishing, web programming, and database management.
Web Development is used to create Web Applications which run on over remote servers and we access them from our internet browsers.
Below is a table of differences between Data Science and Web Development:
|Data Science||Web Development|
|Term Data Science was first coined in 2001.||Term Web Development was first coined in 1989.||Currently there are over 3 Million data scientist over the globe.||Currently there are over 23 Million web developers over the globe.||Average Salary of a Data Scientist is over 94, 000 $.||Average Salary of a Web Developer is over 75, 000 $.||It is a combination of mathematics, statistics and algorithms to analyse Data.||It is the creation of the web applications which we see on the internet.|
- Difference Between Computer Science and Data Science
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Mining
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Analytics
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Visualization
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Engineering
- Difference Between Big Data and Data Science
- Difference between Data Science and Machine Learning
- Difference Between Data Science and Software Engineering
- Difference Between Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Difference Between Data Science and Business Intelligence
- Difference Between Data Science and Business Analytics
- Difference between Generic Software Development and Custom Software Development
- What is Data Science?
- Optimization for Data Science
- 8 Most Used Data Science Tools
- Introduction to Data Science
- R Programming for Data Science
- Top Data Science Trends You Must Know in 2020
- How to Get Masters in Data Science in 2020?
- 11 Industries That Benefits the Most From Data Science
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.