Data Science: Data science is study of data. It involves developing methods of recording, storing, and analyzing data to extract useful information. The goal of data science is to gain knowledge from any type of data both structured and unstructured. Data science is a term for set of fields that are focused on mining big data sets and discovering trends, methods, new insights, and processes. It works on any size of data. Some of the applications of data science are E-commerce, Manufacturing, banking, health care, transport, finance, etc. Data science is a “concept to data analysis, machine learning, and unifies statistics” in order to understand actual phenomena with data.
Data Visualization: Data visualization is the graphical representation of information and data in a pictorial or graphical format(Example: charts, graphs, and maps). Data visualization tools provide an accessible way to see and understand trends, patterns in data, and outliers. Data visualization tools and technologies are essential to analyze massive amounts of information and make data-driven decisions. The concept of using pictures to understand data has been used for centuries. General types of data visualizations are Charts, Tables, Graphs, Maps, Dashboards.
Below is a table of differences between Data Science and Data Visualization:
|Based on||Data Science||Data Visualization|
|Definition||Data science is study of data. It involves developing methods of recording, storing, and analyzing data to extract useful information.||Data visualization is the graphical representation of information and data in a pictorial or graphical format(Example: charts, graphs, and maps).|
|Process||Data cleansing, Modeling, Measurement, Data harvest, Data mining, Data munging.||Represent it in any chart form or graphs.|
|Concept||Insights about the data.
Explanation of the data.
|Representation of the data.|
Predictions like next I-Phone release model or next World cup Winners.
|Organization metrics, Key performance indicators|
|Tools||Python, R, Matlab||Tableau, SAS, Power BI, d3 js|
|Who does this?||Data scientists, Mathematicians, Data analysts||Data scientists, UI/UX|
|Significance||Many organizations are depending on data science for decision making.||It helps data scientists in understanding the source and how to solve the problem|
|Skills||Statistics, algorithms||Data analysis, and plotting techniques.|
- Difference Between Computer Science and Data Science
- Difference Between Data Mining and Data Visualization
- Difference Between Data Visualization and Data Analytics
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Mining
- Difference Between Big Data and Data Science
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Analytics
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Engineering
- How Data Visualization Enables us to Monitor COVID-19 Data?
- What is Tableau and its Importance in Data Visualization?
- Difference Between Data Science and Business Intelligence
- Difference Between Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Difference Between Data Science and Software Engineering
- Difference Between Data Science and Web Development
- Difference Between Data Science and Business Analytics
- Difference between Data Science and Machine Learning
- Data Visualization in R
- Data Visualization using Turicreate in Python
- Top 10 Libraries for Data Visualization in 2020
- KDE Plot Visualization with Pandas and Seaborn
- Difference between Computer Science Engineering and Computer Engineering
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.