Big Data: It is huge, large or voluminous data, information or the relevant statistics acquired by the large organizations and ventures. Many software and data storage created and prepared as it is difficult to compute the big data manually.
It is used to discover patterns and trends and make decisions related to human behavior and interaction technology.
Data Science: Data Science is a field or domain which includes and involves working with a huge amount of data and uses it for building predictive, prescriptive and prescriptive analytical models. It’s about digging, capturing, (building the model) analyzing(validating the model) and utilizing the data(deploying the best model).
It is an intersection of Data and computing. It is a blend of the field of Computer Science, Business and Statistics together.
Below is a table of differences between Big Data and Data Science:
|Big Data||Data Science|
|Data Science is an area.||Big Data is a technique to collect, maintain and process the huge information.|
|It is about collection, processing, analyzing and utilizing of data into various operations. It is more conceptual.||It is about extracting the vital and valuable information from huge amount of the data.|
|It is a field of study just like the Computer Science, Applied Statistics or Applied Mathematics.||It is a technique of tracking and discovering of trends of complex data sets.|
|The goal is to build data-dominant products for a venture.||The goal is to make data more vital and usable i.e. by extracting only important information from the huge data within existing traditional aspects.|
|Tools mostly used in Big Data includes Hadoop, Spark, Flink, etc.||Tools mainly used in Data Science includes SAS, R, Python, etc|
|It is a super set of Big Data as data science consists of Data scrapping, cleaning, visualization, statistics and many more techniques.||It is a sub set of Data Science as mining activities which is in a pipeline of the Data science.|
|It is mainly used for scientific purposes.||It is mainly used for business purposes and customer satisfaction.|
|It broadly focuses on the science of the data.||It is more involved with the processes of handling voluminous data.|
- Difference between Big Oh, Big Omega and Big Theta
- How Big Data Artificial Intelligence is Changing the Face of Traditional Big Data?
- The Big Data World: Big, Bigger and Biggest
- Big Challenges with Big Data
- Difference Between Computer Science and Data Science
- Difference Between Small Data and Big Data
- Difference Between Big Data and Data Warehouse
- Difference between Traditional data and Big data
- Difference between Big Data and Data Analytics
- Difference Between Big Data and Data Mining
- Difference between Cloud Computing and Big Data Analytics
- Difference Between Big Data and Apache Hadoop
- Difference between Big Data and Machine Learning
- Difference between IoT and Big Data
- Difference Between Big Data and Predictive Analytics
- Difference between Big Data and Cloud Computing
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Mining
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Analytics
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Visualization
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Engineering
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.