Dell visited our campus for internship based placements for final year students. Following are the details of the rounds and questions asked in them.
Round 1. Online Test
The time duration for this round was somewhere around 2-2.5 hours.
- Comprised of 65 mcqs based on DS, OS, CN, DBMS, COA and Aptitude. They were of 1 mark each.
- 3 coding questions out of which you had to solve 2. They were of 10 marks each. (arrays, strings, basic
The names of shortlisted students were announced the next day, followed by a technical interview which started in next 30 minutes. 40 students out of 120 were selected for technical interview. I was shortlisted for the interview which lasted for about 45 minutes- 1 hour. Following are the questions I was asked-
- Draw a Venn diagram representing female, mothers and doctors.
- Write pseudo code to swap two stacks (should be optimized).
- Given a number series, find the missing number.
- Discussion on how clouds work and load balancing.
- How does proxy work?
- Difference between Windows 8 and Windows 10.
- 2-3 questions on core subjects.
- Discussion on projects and internship mentioned in the resume.
- I was able to answer almost every question to the interviewer’s satisfaction. I was also asked few non technical questions in this round.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Situation based question- An emergency situation has arisen and you have to
board a train to reach your destination. However, you could not buy a ticket
but you have enough money to buy it from a fellow passenger. If you do buy
the ticket, the other passenger would not be allowed to travel. What would
16 students were selected for HR round. My interview went on for only 15-20 minutes.
- Started with a short introduction.
- What are your hobbies? (The interviewer specifically mentioned hobbies apart
- Do you think that Indians abuse technological development?
The results were announced in an hour after all the interviews were done. 8 students were selected and gladly, I was one of them.