Interview experience for Dell International (R&D) – On Campus Software Development Associate Engineer (II)
Selection Procedure :
1 MCQ Test
2 Technical Rounds
1 HR Round
Note: Each round was an elimination round
Written Test :
-50 MCQ to be solved in 75 min
-Difficulty level was similar to GATE questions
-Questions were from C/C++ programs, Networks, Operating System, DBMS, S/W Engg, General Aptitude etc.
Round I (Technical – F2F) :
-All the interviews were 2 on 1 (2 interviewers)
-Interview began with discussion on current project and questions based on that.
-Then interviewer asked me questions based on my network related project.
-He asked questions about OSI layer, working of switches and router.
-Routing protocols, working of OSPF, how routing table gets updated step by step, Spanning tree protocol etc.
-Implementation of Dijkstra’s Algorithm.
-Code for reversing a linked list
-You are given a random no. generator, it is generating random numbers continuously.
-Another application consumer is given, which is taking random no. as input but the frequency of consumption of no. is not fixed suppose consumer at some time may access 0 or 1 or n no. generated, constraint is that no. consumed by consumer should be last generated maximum no.
generator = 2, 150, 20, 100, 200, 1000, 1080
consumer = 1080, 1000
consumer = 1080, 1000, 200, 150
-Basic questions related to data structures (heaps,stacks etc).
Round II (HR – F2F) :
-Discussion based on project
-Android related questions (as one of my project was in android)
-CV based questions
-Some situational questions
Round III (Technical – F2F) :
-This round was based on Operating System questions
-What is kernel?
-What is system calls, how they are executed?
-Questions based on process synchronization, mutex, semaphores (binary and counting)
-Linux file system, inode
-Virtual memory, addressing, paging, segmentation, fragmentation
-Page fault, thrashing
-Busy wait, spin lock, deadlocks etc.
-Process schedulers, dispatcher
I would like to thank G4G for such great forum, surely G4G is the best source for preparation.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- Dell Interview Experience | Set 2 (On-Campus for Dell International R&D)
- Dell R&D interview experience
- Dell Interview Experience | Set 6 (On-Campus)
- Dell Interview Experience | Set 4 (On-Campus)
- Dell Interview Experience | Set 8 (On-Campus)
- DELL EMC Interview Experience (On-Campus)
- Dell Interview Experience | Set 7 (On-Campus)
- Dell EMC Drive Interview Experience
- Dell Interview Experience | On-Campus 2019
- Dell Internship Interview Experience | On-Campus
- Dell Bangalore Interview Experience For SDE (On-campus)
- Dell Interview Experience- On Campus, 2019
- Dell Interview Experience | Set 5 (For Platform Software Engineer)
- DELL Interview | Set 1 (On-Campus)
- Dell Recruitment Process