Dell Interview Experience for Software Engineer-1 (On-Campus)
Pattern: Written + 1Tech + 2HR
First Test: 60 questions 70 min Aptitude questions , OS, Data structure, Database and Computer Networks
Out of 800, 90 students got shortlisted
My Interview Experience:
Round 1(50 min): Two interviewers. (Tech + HR) one after another (HR joined just before 40 minutes into the meeting.)
- Tell me about yourself
- Find kth element from end in a linked list.
- Garbage collection in C++, python
- Difference between .dll and .exe
- About my projects and internships.
- Describe how would design a vending machine.
- Describe an analogy between knight and rook movements ( in chess) in any code you have written in the past.
- There were other many basic HR questions which I can’t seem to recall.
Out of 90, 17 students got shortlisted.
Round 2(5 min Tech HR): The interviewer asked me if I was ok with relocating and overall interview experience with dell.
Zoom call(5 min): He disclosed that all 17 of us were placed and can smile now.
My Learnings –
- I tried to narrate my story if I was talking to a friend.
- Don’t be afraid, ask him for time if you need to solve something, ask doubts, be open and try to create a one on one discussion about the topic.
- For questions which feel like out of the box, try to give answers using the dbms, OS, and DS knowledge you have currently.
- Draw parallels.
- Last but not the least, it’s normal to be distressed when not being able to crack on campus placements initially, you will get things going your way just when you thought that things can’t improve from here on.
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!