Comparison of Java with other programming languages
Java is one of the most popular and widely used programming language and platform. A platform is an environment that helps to develop and run programs written in any programming language.
Java is fast, reliable and secure. From desktop to web applications, scientific supercomputers to gaming consoles, cell phones to the Internet, Java is used in every nook and corner.
Here we are comparing 3 other languages (Python, C++, Ruby and C) with Java.
- Python is a high-level language. It fully supports object-oriented programming. Python is not a pure object-oriented language.
- Python is an interpreted language whereas Java is not an interpreted language, it is a compiled language.
- Python is a scripting language whereas JAVA is a low-level implementation language.
- Python is easy to use whereas JAVA is not as simple as Python. Programmers prefer to use python instead of Java because python contains less line of code whereas Java is just opposite to it.
- Python programs are much shorter than JAVA programs.
- Python is widely used in companies for building projects as its programs are shorter whereas JAVA is rarely used in companies for projects because it is difficult to use.
- Python supports dynamic typing which is very useful for the programmers because they need to write less code because of which their time is saved and which is user-friendly as well as programmer-friendly. But in the case of JAVA, developers are required to define the type of each variable before using it which consumes the programmer’s lots of time.
- Many large organizations like Google, Yahoo, NASA, etc. are making use of Python. But Python programs are generally expected to run slower than Java programs.
- Java has much better library support for some use cases than Python which is the biggest advantage of JAVA.
- Python is very much slower than Java.
- Java was basically derived from C++.
- C++ is both procedural and object-oriented programming language whereas Java is a pure object-oriented language.
- Both the languages have different objectives which means it has many differences too.
- The main objective of C++ is to design a system of programming.
- Java doesn’t support operator overloading but C++ does support it.
- C++ also extends the C programming language whereas Java is basically created to support network computing.
- Java doesn’t support structures and unions where C++ does support it.
- Java is much slower than C++ in terms of execution.
- C++ libraries are simple and also they are robust. It also provides container and associative arrays. But Java contains a powerful cross-platform library.
- In Java, there is an automatic garbage collection whereas this is not the case in C++. In C++ all objects are destroyed manually with the help of the code.
- C++ supports pointers which are variables which store addresses of other variables. But Java does not have any kind of variable which stores addresses of other variables.
- C++ executes its programs very fast compared to Java.
- Ruby and Java are object-oriented languages and also they are strongly typed.
- Java is statically typed whereas Ruby is dynamically typed.
- Both languages have a different method for executing the code. Java first converts the code into machine language so that it can be understood by it and because of this Java code runs faster than Ruby’s code.
- Both Java and Ruby provide inheritance and they both have public, private, and protected methods.
The functions in Ruby take less number code lines than Java because of which Ruby is preferred first by the developers and programmers.
- C is very much like C++(which was used to derive Java). In fact, C++ is an updated form of C.
- C is a structure or procedure-oriented language whereas Java is an object-oriented programming language.
- Execution time for programs written in C is very less when compared to Java.
- C supports pointers whereas Java does not support variables for storing addresses of other variables.
- C cannot handle exceptions in its program whereas Java is very good at handling exceptions.
Feeling lost in the vast world of Backend Development? It's time for a change! Join our Java Backend Development - Live Course and embark on an exciting journey to master backend development efficiently and on schedule.
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive Course
- Expert Guidance for Efficient Learning
- Hands-on Experience with Real-world Projects
- Proven Track Record with 100,000+ Successful Geeks
Share your thoughts in the comments
Please Login to comment...