The popover is an attribute of bootstrap that can be used to make any website look more dynamic. Popovers are generally used to display additional information about any element and are displayed on click of mouse pointer over that element.
The data-toggle = “popover” attribute is used to create popover, title=”popover-title” attribute is used to add the title of popover and data-content=”popover-content” is used to add the popover content.
<element data-toggle="popover" title="popover-title" data-content="popover-content"> popover element <element>
Positioning popovers: The data-placement attribute is used to set the positioning of popover elements. The position of popover element can be set to top, bottom, left or right side of the element.
Closing popovers: By default, the popover elements are closed when mouse click on double. The data-trigger=”focus” attribute is used to close the popover element when mouse clicked outside of the element.
Popover hover: The data-trigger=”hover” attribute is used to create popover hover effect. In this case, the popup will display when the mouse moves over.
- How to make Bootstrap popover appear/disappear on hover instead of click?
- How to position a Bootstrap popover ?
- How to use a div as content for Twitter's Popover?
- Include Bootstrap in AngularJS using ng-bootstrap
- Difference between bootstrap.css and bootstrap-theme.css
- Difference Between Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4
- Difference between Bootstrap 4 and Bootstrap 5
- Beginning BootStrap (Part-1) | Introduction and Installation
- Beginning BootStrap (Part-2) | Grid System
- Bootstrap (Part-3) | Buttons, Glyphicons, Tables
- Bootstrap (Part-5) | DropDowns and Responsive Tabs
- Bootstrap (Part-4) | Vertical Forms, Horizontal Forms, Inline Forms
- How to get circular buttons in bootstrap 4 ?
- Bootstrap (Part-6) | Progress Bar and Jumbotron
- Bootstrap (Part-7) | Alerts , Wells, Pagination and Pager
- Bootstrap (Part-8) | Badges, Labels, Page Headers
- Bootstrap (Part-9) | Tooltips
- Difference between Bootstrap and AngularJS
- Bootstrap | Navigation Bar
- Bootstrap | Carousel
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.