Android | Creating a Calendar View app
This article shows how to create an android application for displaying the Calendar using CalendarView. It also provides the selection of the current date and displaying the date. The setOnDateChangeListener Interface is used which provide onSelectedDayChange method.
- onSelectedDayChange: In this method, we get the values of days, months, and years that are selected by the user.
Below are the steps for creating the Android Application of the Calendar.
- Step 1: Create a new project and you will have a layout XML file and java file. Your screen will look like the image below.
- Step 2: Open your xml file and add CalendarView and TextView. And assign id to TextView and CalendarView. After completing this process, the xml file screen looks like given below.
- Step 3: Now, open up the activity java file and define the CalendarView and TextView type variable, and also use findViewById() to get the Calendarview and textview.
- Step 4: Now, add setOnDateChangeListener interface in object of CalendarView which provides setOnDateChangeListener method. In this method, we get the Dates(days, months, years) and set the dates in TextView for Display.
- Step 5: Now run the app and set the current date which will be shown on the top of the screen.
Complete code of MainActivity.java or activity_main.xml of Calendar is given below.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java Foundation and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.