ZS Associates visited our campus recently for hiring graduates for 3 roles which were:
- Business Technology Analyst (For CS, IT and ENTC)
- Business Operations Associate (Open for all branches)
- Decision Analytics Associate (Open for all branches)
We had to select the role before the test, I chose BTA.
6.5 CGPA, 70% in 10th and 12th
The complete process i.e, Phase 1 and Phase 2 was audio and video proctored.
The entire phase 1 was conducted on Talview Platform, the window was open for 12 hours (7 P.M to 7 A.M).
Phase 1 was divided into 3 rounds which were:-
Each of the rounds was an elimination round, which means you had to clear a cut-off which was not disclosed.
Aptitude Test (40 minutes):
- Input/ Output Questions
- Flowchart based Questions
- Data Interpretation
- Quantitative Aptitude: Percentages, Profit and Loss, Coding and Decoding, Time and Work Calendar, Logical Reasoning
- Verbal Ability
Problem Solving Deep Dive (30 minutes):
- MCQ’s based on a short case study
- Level – Easy (Just give logical approach)
- Computer-based interview. Had 10 seconds to read and frame an answer. Time Limit for each question was 3 minutes.
- A unique thing which you had done within 18 months.
- What are Checked and Unchecked exceptions? Explain with an example.
- And some more behavioural type of questions.
After around 7-8 days, 31 students were shortlisted for Phase 2 from around 300 students.
Process for phase 2 started at 7 A.M., there was a short introduction to how to solve the Case study for 15-20 minutes.
Phase 2 was divided into 3 rounds which were:-
Case Study (60 minutes):
The window was open for 90 minutes i.e from 7:30-9:00 A.M.
We had to upload our resumes before starting the Case Study.
We were given a case study of 15-20 pages which had a total of 6 questions. For the first two questions, we had to write what all data was required to form the table which was given and we had to write Data Flow Diagram/Algorithm/SQL Queries for the steps and mathematical calculations to form the table (includes joins).
For the next two questions, we had to find the data quality issues (There were many which were not noticeable so please look at the tables carefully) and we had to suggest improvements for the Layout.
The next two questions were also similar.
Tip: Try to go through the entire case study once, keep points in your mind even if you are not able to write it down.
Technical Interview + Case Study Debrief(60 minutes):
- Why ZS?
- Why Consultancy?
- How can you contribute to ZS?
- What was the level of the case study? Did you manage to complete the entire case study?
- Assume that I have never gone through your solutions, can you please explain what was it all about?
- Discussion about the entire case study, very tricky part and she tried to confuse me a lot, the interviewer wants to know how well you have understood the case study and how can you apply DBMS concepts on it. (Be confident on whatever you say)
- An in-depth discussion about DBMS Concepts with its use in the case study.
- Discussion on sorting techniques (Merge sort and Quick Sort)
- She asked me to describe my campus while describing I had mentioned about our college canteen, from which she asked me my favourite food, and how many units of it are sold in your college in a week.
4 students were selected for the next round.
EBI + FIT Round(45-60 minutes):
- Why ZS and history of ZS?
- An in-depth discussion on my projects written on the resume
- Discussion on my interests
- What is more important idea or approach?
- What do you find negative about ZS?
- Have you ever worked in a team?
- How is the work divided in the current team you are working with?
- When was the time when you had set yourself as an example for others.
- Many questions on team management.
- Many behavioural questions
3 students were finally selected(2 for BTA and 1 for BOA), and I was one among them.