TCS arrived my college this year on Nov 2014. I wanted to share my experience with all of u , so here it is..
2. Not more than a gap of 2 years between above mentioned courses.
3. More than one active backlog is not allowed.The selection is made on the basis of 4 rounds and every round is a elimination round.
1. Online Aptitude test.
2. Technical Interview.
3. MR Interview.
4. HR Interview.
Tips to prepare:
- Prepare your portfolio beforehand(though nobody has time to take a look of it, as they have your data on their database and keep laptops during interview). Take a file with transparent leafs inside to put the documents in them in following order:-
- C.V. signed and dated as the date on which interview is going to take place. (not more than 2 pages) (You can view sample C.V. from here:- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m8MQlWki_UZiJ6_hrI4gGwG4BkG7uDsSfgRQ8bhmMXc/edit?usp=sharing
- 4th year marksheet(if grauated), then 3rd year marksheet(if you do not have it just take out its printout from university website and insert it.), then 2nd year’s and then 1st yr’s mrksht.
- 12th Marksheet and then certificate.
- 10th Marksheet and then certificate.
- Industrial Training Certificate and other course’s certificates(if any)
- Other Certifiates comprising of Workshop certificates, Certificates of participation in co-curricular activities, etc.
- Keep a separate copy of your C.V. along with you signed(by you) and dated(interview date). (Again nobody demanded it for taking a look of it during my campus drive, but still keep it prepared just in case ..!!)
- Keep a printout of application form of TCS which you have to download from nextstep.tcs.com after applying for drive. (Download it in Mozilla Firefox, Chrome may not work). Application Forms would be submitted at the time of Round1 and would be used in all successive rounds to have a look of the interviewee.
Quantitative Aptitude comprise of 30 questions with negative marking. Starred questions will be of higher marks. The set I got had 10-12 easy questions, 4-5 tough questions, and rest medium level. Try to do atleast 18 out of them to clear the round. (If there is not much time left as compared to the number of questions you may take help of yur neighbor as many people in my slot did, though its better to do it on your own as you can’t trust others.)
Questions comprised of following areas:-
Time and Work (Questions related to calculation of Wages for work),
Functions and Series,
Probability(Total Probability and Bayer’s),
Time, Speed and Distance,
Permutations and Combinations.
We also had a PPT in after this round in which TCS declared results of 1st round and told about the company, objectives, statistics, mission, values, etc.
- Take the mock test before the drive which is provided on https://nextstep.tcs.com/ available after logging in.
- Whether you write the subject in e-mail or not, is completely your choice. It won’t matter much(I wrote the subject and my friend didn’t, we both cleared the round with 10th and 9th position, respectively)
- Use exact words and phrases which are provided in the question( like:- passing out—ordered– should not be used as :- Your order dated 24 July is passed out. , Correct form of using it is:- Passing out the project which you had ordered on 24 July …) Sequence is not important.
- If you have practiced Time and Work, Number System, Permutations and Combinations, then its enough. Just look out the simple formulas(or one-two questions) of other chapters like Total Probability Theorem, Bayer’s formula, an upstream-downstream question, Sum of A.P and G.P. and their General Terms). Don’t waste time on chapters like Alligations, Logarithms, Ratio, Percentages, Profit, Loss, etc. Remember alligations are just a shortcut method of solving some type of questions , generally useful for CAT/XAT students where CalCulators are not allowed.
- Only pencils and calculators are allowed. Rough sheets would be provided by them which would be sufficient. Don’t forget CalCs as they are more sppedy to work on rather than e-calculator.
- Note down everything told in the PPT. It can be asked in successive rounds.
- What is your final year project? Tell me something about it. (as we had not even started making our project by that time, I didn’t know what we would do in that but neither did the interviewer know. So I told him whatever I wrote in my project synopsis- the modules in the project, the objective, its applications, language used, etc.)
- (As I told that my project was based on JSP so he started asking me questions from it.) What is page directive(I told it)
- What is AJAX (I told it somewhat wrong, and said that I’m not sure)
- Ok. What are servlets? (told it)
- What is the relation between JSP and Servlets( at first I told it wrong, then he gave me a hint and I corrected it.)
- Have you heard about Quick Sort? What is it? (I was not sure. Just knew that it has a pivot element and we have to compare it with some other elements. Told him such things.)
- He handed me the paper and told me to take few numbers and show on them how quick sort is done. (I knew that i couldn’t so I just took few numbers, told him the first element is pivot and then we find the element smaller than it from right side)
- He looked at me and said “Do you not think that we take middle element as pivot?” (I in my mind thought that yes he was right we take middle one as pivot , but told him confidently- No sir, we took the first element as pivot in our academics)
- He nodded and then asked which one was efficient( I told him taking middle one as pivot was more efficient)
- He asked me something about RDBMS. (I told him Sorry sir, I have no idea about that.)
- Be confident. Don’t hesitate in saying even that you don’t know the answer.
- They are not looking for students with best technical knowedge, but the students with the medium knowledge, greater potential, and most importantly confidence.
- Study not focussing only on your area of interest, but just take a look of basic definitions of important topics especially related to your project. (like AJAX, JSP, Servlet, 1NF, 2NF, Indexing, etc. ) Brush up about every type of sorting logics (bubble, selection, quick, insertion), and common programs like palindrome, swapping 2 nodes in a linked list, etc.
- Greet Good Morning/Evening with a smile when you enter and sit only when asked to(if not asked, then ask yourself to sit), Talk in a relaxed mood but not too relaxed(don’t speak like he is your chuddy-buddy).
- To reduce stress after clearing this round, just think about both outcomes (if I’m selected then that would be great but If I’m not then at least I cleared 2 rounds when 100s of people couldn’t. 🙂 This worked for me. )
Ok your home is so close from your college. How would you be able to relocate?(I told him that I had done it earlier after 12th in Kota)
He asked me about the Kota expeerience and then told me to “You may go”80 were placed and I was also among them :)Please do comment if you want any other information ..
If you like GeeksQuiz and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on GeeksQuiz and help other Geeks.
- MathWorks Interview Experience (EDG, Oncampus)
- ServiceNow Interview Experience Oncampus
- UHG Interview Experience | OnCampus- 2019
- InfoEdge Interview Experience | OnCampus-2019
- TCS Interview experience through TCS Ninja
- CommonFloor Interview Experience | Set 1 (Placement Questions 2014)
- TCS Interview Experience | Set 8 (On-Campus)
- TCS Interview Experience | Set 2 (On-campus Recruitment Drive)
- TCS Interview Experience | Set 3 (On-campus Recruitment Drive)
- TCS DESS Interview Experience | Set 4 (On-campus)
- TCS Interview Experience | Set 5 (On-campus)
- TCS Interview Experience | Set 6 (On-campus)
- TCS Interview Experience | Set 7 (Off-Campus)
- TCS Interview Experience | Set 8 (On-Campus)
- TCS Interview Experience | Set 32 (Off Campus)
- TCS Interview Experience | Set 9 (Off-Campus through CodeVita)
- TCS Interview Experience | Set 10 (Off-Campus through CodeVita)
- TCS Interview Experience | Set 11 (On-Campus through CodeVita)
- TCS Interview Experience | Set 12 (Off-Campus through CodeVita)
- TCS Interview Experience | Set 26 (On-Campus)