The first round comprised of 3 coding questions.(Test Duration: 70 minutes) :-
100 students were selected for the 1st round based on CGPA(min 7.5).There were 5-6 sets of questions and the sets were randomly distributed among students.
Q1. Find the largest prime factor of a given number.
Q2. Given a binary tree and data value of a node. The task is to find the sum of cousin nodes of a given node. If a given node has no cousins then return -1.
Q3. Given a gold mine of n*m dimensions. Each field in this mine contains a positive integer which is the amount of gold in tons. Initially the miner is at first column but can be at any row. He can move only (right->,right up /,right down\) that is from a given cell, the miner can move to the cell diagonally up towards the right or right or diagonally down towards the right. Find out the maximum amount of gold he can collect.
Only 14 were shortlisted for the second round.
Round-2 (Technical Interview Round-1)
The interview started with a general question : Tell me about you, anything you find exciting in your college life or before.
Then he asked me whether I know what Linked Lists are?
I replied yes. Then he gave me a linked list and asked me to print the Linked List in reverse order without storing the elements of the list anywhere.I told him the simple recursive approach and then he asked me to implement it which I did.
Then he asked me about merge sort , how it is implemented externally for big files and can we do merge in constant space complexity. I gave satisfactory answers.
Then he asked me how to find the median in an array of n elements. I simply replied to sort the array and find the middle according to whether the number of elements are even or odd. Then he asked what if you are given a running stream of numbers and at any time you may be asked what the median is. I gave him the brute force approach, then he asked me to optimise it. I answered that we can use 2 heaps-max heap and min heap and keep the elements splitted across the 2 heaps so as to find median in O(1).Then i described the algorithm and he was happy with the approach.
Then he asked me whether i have heard of a horse race puzzle.I replied no as i was not. Then he asked the same. I thought about it and started framing my ans. My solution was not the most optimised one but he was happy and he told where i went wrong in the last step.Here is the link to the puzzle: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/puzzle-9-find-the-fastest-3-horses/
Then he asked me to put up any questions for him which to I asked about internships at Samsung.
At the end of this round 8-9 students were selected and I was one of them.
Round-3 (Technical Interview Round-2)
1) This round started with the discussion of the project. What is the idea? What technologies have you chosen and why? Then he asked me 1-2 questions on the technologies specified by me.
2) Then he started asking OOPS , what are its features and explain all of them. Then he asked me about Difference between Method Overloading and Method Overriding.
3)Then he started asking about Bitmasking. He gave me 2 problems
To find if a number is power of 2 or not.
To swap two nibbles of a byte.
I gave my solutions and he was happy with them.
4) Then he asked me about what database I have used in my project and Why? I answered MongoDB and explained all the benefits of it over MySQL.
After the second round 7 students were finally selected for the internship and I was one of them.
- Samsung R&D Bangalore (SRIB) Interview Experience | On- Campus for Internship 2021
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 3 (Samsung Research Institute, Bangalore)
- Samsung Interview Experience | On-campus for Samsung Research Institute,Bangalore
- Samsung Interview Experience | On-campus for Samsung R&D, Bangalore
- Samsung Software - Competency Test (Samsung R&D Bangalore) Experience > 1 yrs
- Samsung Bangalore Internship Interview Experience 2018
- Samsung Bangalore (SRIB) Interview Experience | Set 23 (For Internship)
- Samsung Bangalore (SRIB) Interview Experience | Set 25 (For Internship)
- Samsung Bangalore (SRIB) Interview Experience | Set 26 (For Internship)
- Samsung Bangalore (SRIB) Interview Experience | For Internship
- Samsung R&D Interview Experience for Summer Internship | On-Campus Bangalore
- Samsung Bangalore (SRIB) Internship Interview Experience (On-Campus)
- Samsung Research Institute Bangalore Interview Experience (On-Campus for Internship)
- Samsung Bangalore (SRIB) Interview Experience for Internship
- Samsung Research Institute Bangalore (SRI-B) Internship Interview Experience (On-Campus)
- Samsung R & D Bangalore internship experience (2018)
- Samsung R&D (Bangalore) On Campus Internship Experience 2019
- Samsung Interview Experience for Summer Internship 2021
- Samsung R&D Interview Experience for Summer Internship 2021 (SRI, Bengaluru)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 6 (For Internship at Samsung Research Institute)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.