Samsung Bangalore (SRIB) Internship Interview Experience
SRIB visited our campus in September 2020 for internships.
Online Coding Round: It had 3 coding questions. The duration was 70mins.
- Find the highest prime factor for a given number N.
- Given data of all nodes of a binary tree (pointer-based), find the difference between maximum and minimum value.
- Given root node of binary tree(pointer-based) and number k, find the highest value of gcd(x,k) where x is value of any node of that tree.
Technical Interview Round 1: It was on the Skype platform. The duration was 45mins.
He gave 3 coding questions:
- Similar to https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-sum-left-leaves-given-binary-tree/
I got a hint for question 1, then wrote code for all 3 fast.
One DBMS question:
- Given some columns, remove the row containing the second-highest value of a particular row.
One OOPS question:
- Write Code for Singleton Class.
Technical Interview Round 2: It was on the Skype platform. The duration was 45mins.
- For the first 15-20 mins, questions from my Resume and my projects were asked.
- Then he asked “Design Git”. It was a discussion of 10mins. No coding was required. I gave a graph-based approach. He was impressed with my thinking ability.
- Then he asked another question: “If there are a lot of incoming images in Android Phone with varying resolution and size, what is the best way to display it?”. I told about bitmap compression and the discussion went for 5mins.
Note: This round was to test my thinking capability.
After the second round, 3 students were finally selected for the internship, and I was one of them.
Advice: If stuck in a coding question, try to get a hint from the interviewer.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google and Microsoft Test Serieses.