Given a number , write a program to reverse this number using stack.
Input : 365 Output : 563 Input : 6899 Output : 9986
We have already discussed the simple method to reverse a number in this post. In this post we will discuss about how to reverse a number using stack.
The idea to do this is to extract digits of the number and push the digits on to a stack. Once all of the digits of the number are pushed to the stack, we will start poping the contents of stack one by one and form a number.
As stack is a LIFO data structure, digits of the newly formed number will be in reverse order.
Below is the the implementation of above idea:
Time Complexity: O( logN )
Auxiliary Space: O( logN ), Where N is the input number.
This article is contributed by Rohit Thapliyal. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Stack | Set 3 (Reverse a string using stack)
- Reverse a stack using recursion
- Reverse the Sentence using Stack
- Reverse a stack without using extra space in O(n)
- Print Reverse a linked list using Stack
- Program to reverse a linked list using Stack
- Stack Permutations (Check if an array is stack permutation of other)
- Infix to Postfix using different Precedence Values for In-Stack and Out-Stack
- Write a program to reverse digits of a number
- Count the number of pop operations on stack to get each element of the array
- Write an Efficient C Program to Reverse Bits of a Number
- Check if the product of digit sum and its reverse equals the number or not
- Find maximum in stack in O(1) without using additional stack
- Sort a stack using a temporary stack
- Spaghetti Stack