Given a linked list, print reverse of it without modifying the list.
Input : 1 2 3 4 5 6 Output : 6 5 4 3 2 1 Input : 12 23 34 45 56 67 78 Output : 78 67 56 45 34 23 12
Given a Linked List, display the linked list in reverse without using recursion, stack or modifications to given list.
Input : 1->2->3->4->5->NULL Output :5->4->3->2->1->NULL Input :10->5->15->20->24->NULL Output :24->20->15->5->10->NULL
Below are different solutions that are now allowed here as we cannot use extra space and modify list.
1) Recursive solution to print reverse a linked list. Requires extra space.
2) Reverse linked list and then print. This requires modifications to original list.
3) A O(n2) solution to print reverse of linked list that first count nodes and then prints k-th node from end.
In this post, an efficient stack based solution is discussed.
1. First insert all the element in stack
2. Print stack till stack is not empty
Note: Instead of inserting data from each node into the stack, insert the node’s address onto the stack. This is because the size of the node’s data will be generally more than the size of the node’s address. Thus the stack would end up requiring more memory if it directly stored the data elements. Also, we cannot insert the node’s data onto the stack if each node contained more than one data member. Hence the simpler and efficient solution would be to simply insert the node’s address.
5 4 3 2 1
- Program to reverse a linked list using Stack
- Print reverse of a Linked List without actually reversing
- Print Doubly Linked list in Reverse Order
- An interesting method to print reverse of a linked list
- Print reverse of a Linked List without extra space and modifications
- Print the last k nodes of the linked list in reverse order | Recursive approach
- Print the last k nodes of the linked list in reverse order | Iterative Approaches
- Reverse a linked list
- Can we reverse a linked list in less than O(n)?
- Reverse a sublist of linked list
- Reverse first K elements of given linked list
- Reverse a circular linked list
- Reverse a Linked List according to its Size
- Reverse a Doubly Linked List
- Reverse a Doubly Linked List | Set-2
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : Sayan Mahapatra