Prerequisite: Regular expression in Python
Given a string, write a Python program to check whether the given string is starting with Vowel or Not.
Input: animal Output: Accepted Input: zebra Output: Not Accepted
In this program, we are using
search() method of re module.
re.search() : This method either returns None (if the pattern doesn’t match), or
re.MatchObject that contains information about the matching part of the string. This method stops after the first match, so this is best suited for testing a regular expression more than extracting data.
Let’s see the Python program for this :
Valid Invalid Invalid
- Python Regex | Program to accept string ending with alphanumeric character
- Python program to check if given string is vowel Palindrome
- Regex in Python to put spaces between words starting with capital letters
- Python | Vowel indices in String
- The most occurring number in a string using Regex in python
- Find all the patterns of “1(0+)1” in a given string using Python Regex
- Python | Program that matches a word containing 'g' followed by one or more e's using regex
- Python | Program to accept the strings which contains all vowels
- Python | Check if string matches regex list
- Python Regex to extract maximum numeric value from a string
- Split a String into columns using regex in pandas DataFrame
- Verbose in Python Regex
- Name validation using IGNORECASE in Python Regex
- Pattern matching in Python with Regex
- Python Regex: re.search() VS re.findall()