Prerequisite: Regular expression in Python
Given a string, write a Python program to check whether the given string is ending with only alphanumeric character or Not.
Input: ankitrai326 Output: Accept Input: ankirai@ Output: Discard
In this program, we are using
search() method of re module.
re.search() : This method either returns None (if the pattern doesn’t match), or
re.MatchObject that contains information about the matching part of the string. This method stops after the first match, so this is best suited for testing a regular expression more than extracting data.
Alphanumeric characters in the POSIX/C locale consist of either 36 case-insensitive symbols (A-Z and 0-9) or 62 case-sensitive characters (A-Z, a-z and 0-9).
Let’s see the Python program for this :
Discard Accept Discard Accept
- Python Regex - Program to accept string starting with vowel
- Python program to Count Uppercase, Lowercase, special character and numeric values using Regex
- Python program for removing i-th character from a string
- Python program to find occurrence to each character in given string
- Python program to capitalize the first and last character of each word in a string
- Python | Program that matches a word containing 'g' followed by one or more e's using regex
- The most occurring number in a string using Regex in python
- Find all the patterns of “1(0+)1” in a given string using Python Regex
- Python | Program to accept the strings which contains all vowels
- Python Regex to extract maximum numeric value from a string
- Python | Check if string matches regex list
- Python program to read character by character from a file
- Program to check if a string contains any special character
- Python | Sort list containing alphanumeric values
- Python | Lowercase first character of String
- How to capitalize first character of string in Python
- Python | Longest Run of given Character in String
- Python - Lowercase Kth Character in string
- Python | K Character Split String
- Python | Frequency of each character in String
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.