Prerequisite: Regular expression in Python
Given a string, write a Python program to check whether the given string is ending with only alphanumeric character or Not.
Input: ankitrai326 Output: Accept Input: ankirai@ Output: Discard
In this program, we are using
search() method of re module.
re.search() : This method either returns None (if the pattern doesn’t match), or
re.MatchObject that contains information about the matching part of the string. This method stops after the first match, so this is best suited for testing a regular expression more than extracting data.
Alphanumeric characters in the POSIX/C locale consist of either 36 case-insensitive symbols (A-Z and 0-9) or 62 case-sensitive characters (A-Z, a-z and 0-9).
Let’s see the Python program for this :
Discard Accept Discard Accept
- Python Regex - Program to accept string starting with vowel
- Python program for removing i-th character from a string
- Python program to find occurrence to each character in given string
- Python | Program to accept the strings which contains all vowels
- Find all the patterns of “1(0+)1” in a given string using Python Regex
- The most occurring number in a string using Regex in python
- Python | Check if string matches regex list
- Python Regex to extract maximum numeric value from a string
- Python | Program that matches a word containing 'g' followed by one or more e's using regex
- Program to check if a string contains any special character
- Python | Frequency of each character in String
- Python | Lowercase first character of String
- Python | Sort list containing alphanumeric values
- Python | Find position of a character in given string
- Python | Split string on Kth Occurrence of Character
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.