A string contains patterns of the form 1(0+)1 where (0+) represents any non-empty consecutive sequence of 0’s. Count all such patterns. The patterns are allowed to overlap.
Note : It contains digits and lowercase characters only. The string is not necessarily a binary. 100201 is not a valid pattern.
Input : 1101001 Output : 2 Input : 100001abc101 Output : 2
We have existing solution for this problem please refer Find all the patterns of “1(0+)1” in a given string link. Another set containing similar solution using regex in java is also published.
We will solve this problem quickly in python using Regex. Approach is very simple :
- Search a first sub-string in original string which follows ’10+1′ pattern using re.search(regex,string) method.
- substr = re.search(regex,string) return None if it doesn’t find given regex as sub-string in original string otherwise it returns first matched sub-string which follows ’10+1′ pattern. substr.start() gives us starting index of matched regex and substr.end() gives us ending index of matched regex.
- Whenever we find regex as sub-string then increase count by 1 and again search for given regex starting from ending index of previous sub-string.
- The most occurring number in a string using Regex in python
- Python | Check if string matches regex list
- Python Regex to extract maximum numeric value from a string
- Python Regex - Program to accept string starting with vowel
- Python Regex | Program to accept string ending with alphanumeric character
- Python regex to find sequences of one upper case letter followed by lower case letters
- Split a String into columns using regex in pandas DataFrame
- Verbose in Python Regex
- Python Regex: re.search() VS re.findall()
- Pattern matching in Python with Regex
- Name validation using IGNORECASE in Python Regex
- Python | Program that matches a word containing 'g' followed by one or more e's using regex
- Python | Parse a website with regex and urllib
- Python | Swap Name and Date using Group Capturing in Regex
- Regex in Python to put spaces between words starting with capital letters
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : ManasChhabra2