Given an alphanumeric string, extract maximum numeric value from that string. Alphabets will only be in lower case.
Input : 100klh564abc365bg Output : 564 Maximum numeric value among 100, 564 and 365 is 564. Input : abchsd0sdhs Output : 0
This problem has existing solution please refer Extract maximum numeric value from a given string | Set 1 (General approach) link. We will solve this problem quickly in python using Regex. Approach is very simple,
- Find list of all integer numbers in string separated by lower case characters using re.findall(expression,string) method.
- Convert each number in form of string into decimal number and then find max of it.
- Extract maximum numeric value from a given string | Set 2 (Regex approach)
- Extract maximum numeric value from a given string | Set 1 (General approach)
- Python | Extract words from given string
- Python | Extract digits from given string
- Python | Extract numbers from string
- Python | Extract only characters from given string
- The most occurring number in a string using Regex in python
- Find all the patterns of “1(0+)1” in a given string using Python Regex
- Python | Extract Score list of String
- Python | Check if string matches regex list
- Python | Extract length of longest string in list
- Python Regex - Program to accept string starting with vowel
- Python Regex | Program to accept string ending with alphanumeric character
- Python | Get the numeric prefix of given string
- Python | Check if given string is numeric or not
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.