Given an alphanumeric string, extract maximum numeric value from that string. Alphabets will only be in lower case.
Input : 100klh564abc365bg Output : 564 Maximum numeric value among 100, 564 and 365 is 564. Input : abchsd0sdhs Output : 0
This problem has existing solution please refer Extract maximum numeric value from a given string | Set 1 (General approach) link. We will solve this problem quickly in python using Regex. Approach is very simple,
- Find list of all integer numbers in string separated by lower case characters using re.findall(expression,string) method.
- Convert each number in form of string into decimal number and then find max of it.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Extract maximum numeric value from a given string | Set 2 (Regex approach)
- Extract maximum numeric value from a given string | Set 1 (General approach)
- Python - Extract String till Numeric
- Python program to Count Uppercase, Lowercase, special character and numeric values using Regex
- Python - Extract ith Key's Value of K's Maximum value dictionary
- Extract punctuation from the specified column of Dataframe using Regex
- Extract date from a specified column of a given Pandas DataFrame using Regex
- Python - Extract Tuples with all Numeric Strings
- Python - Extract Item with Maximum Tuple Value
- Python - Extract Maximum Keys' value dictionaries
- Python - Maximum Pair Summation in numeric String
- Python | Extract key-value of dictionary in variables
- Python - Extract Unique value key pairs
- Python - Extract Kth index elements from Dictionary Value list
- Python - Extract Key's value from Mixed Dictionaries List
- Python - Extract ith element of K key's value
- Python - Extract Key's Value, if Key Present in List and Dictionary
- Find all the patterns of “1(0+)1” in a given string using Python Regex
- The most occurring number in a string using Regex in python
- Python Regex - Program to accept string starting with vowel
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.