Prerequisite: Regex in Python
Given a string, write a Python program to check if the string is a valid email address or not.
An email is a string (a subset of ASCII characters) separated into two parts by @ symbol, a “personal_info” and a domain, that is personal_info@domain.
Input: firstname.lastname@example.org Output: Valid Email Input: email@example.com Output: Valid Email Input: ankitrai326.com Output: Invalid Email
In this program, we are using
search() method of re module. so let’s see the description about it.
re.search() : This method either returns None (if the pattern doesn’t match), or
re.MatchObject that contains information about the matching part of the string. This method stops after the first match, so this is best suited for testing a regular expression more than extracting data.
Let’s see the Python program to validate an Email :
Valid Email Valid Email Invalid Email
- Python | Check whether a string is valid json or not
- How to check if a string is a valid keyword in Python?
- Python | Check if string is a valid identifier
- Python | Get email alert when the website is up
- Check if a + b = c is valid after removing all zeroes from a, b and c
- Check if the given push and pop sequences of Stack is valid or not
- Extracting MAC address using Python
- Django Sign Up and login with confirmation Email | Python
- Extracting email addresses using regular expressions in Python
- Python program to extract Email-id from URL text file
- Python program to validate an IP Address
- Display Hostname and IP address in Python
- Python program to find IP Address
- Python | Remove leading zeros from an IP address
- Python | Pandas Series.valid()
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.