Prerequisite: Regular expression in Python
Given a string, write a Python program to check whether the given string is starting with Vowel or Not.
Input: animal Output: Accepted Input: zebra Output: Not Accepted
In this program, we are using
search() method of re module.
re.search() : This method either returns None (if the pattern doesn’t match), or
re.MatchObject that contains information about the matching part of the string. This method stops after the first match, so this is best suited for testing a regular expression more than extracting data.
Let’s see the Python program for this :
Valid Invalid Invalid
- Python Regex | Program to accept string ending with alphanumeric character
- Regex in Python to put spaces between words starting with capital letters
- Python program to check if given string is vowel Palindrome
- Python | Vowel indices in String
- Python | Program to accept the strings which contains all vowels
- Python | Program that matches a word containing 'g' followed by one or more e's using regex
- Python program to Count Uppercase, Lowercase, special character and numeric values using Regex
- Python program to find files having a particular extension using RegEx
- Python Regex to extract maximum numeric value from a string
- Find all the patterns of “1(0+)1” in a given string using Python Regex
- The most occurring number in a string using Regex in python
- Python | Check if string matches regex list
- How to check if a string starts with a substring using regex in Python?
- Python - Check if String Contain Only Defined Characters using Regex
- Python - Eliminate Capital Letter Starting words from String
- Python - Extract words starting with K in String List
- Pattern matching in Python with Regex
- Python regex to find sequences of one upper case letter followed by lower case letters
- Python regex | Check whether the input is Floating point number or not
- Name validation using IGNORECASE in Python Regex
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.