Given a string, write a Python program to check if that string is Pangram or not. A pangram is a sentence containing every letter in the English Alphabet.
Input : The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog Output : Yes Input : abcdefgxyz Output : No
We have already discussed the naive approach of pangram checking in this article. Now, let’s discuss the Pythonic approaches to do the same.
Approach #1 : Pythonic Naive
This method uses a loop to check if each character of the string belongs to the alphabet set or not.
Approach #2 : Using Python Set
Convert the given string into set and then check if the alphabet set is greater than or equal to it or not. If the string set is greater or equal, print ‘Yes’ otherwise ‘No’.
Approach #3 : Alternative to set method
This is another method that uses Python set to find if the string is Pangram or not. We make set of lowercase alphabets and the given string. If set of given string is subtracted from the set of alphabets, we get to know whether the string is pangram or not.
Approach #4 : ASCII method
Check if each character of the string lies between the ASCII range of lowercase alphabets i.e. 96 to 122.
- Check if a String can be converted to Pangram in K changes
- Python program to check if a given string is Keyword or not
- Python program to check if string is empty or not
- Python program to check if a string is palindrome or not
- Python program to check if given string is vowel Palindrome
- Python program to check if a string contains all unique characters
- Missing characters to make a string Pangram
- Using Set() in Python Pangram Checking
- Python | Check if given string can be formed by concatenating string elements of list
- String slicing in Python to check if a string can become empty by recursive deletion
- Python | Check if string ends with any string in given list
- Python | Check if a given string is binary string or not
- C Program to Check if a Given String is Palindrome
- Program to check if a string contains any special character
- Java program to check whether a string is a Palindrome
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.