Given a string, check if the given string is pangram or not.
Input : The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog Output : The string is a pangram Input : geeks for geeks Output : The string is not pangram
A normal way would have been to use frequency table and check if all elements were present or not. But using import ascii_lowercase as asc_lower we import all the lower characters in set and all characters of string in another set. In the function, two sets are formed- one for all lower case letters and one for the letters in the string. The two sets are subtracted and if it is an empty set, the string is a pangram.
Below is Python implementation of the above approach:
The string is a pangram
- Cost to make a string Panagram | Set 2
- Cost to make a string Panagram
- Python | Check if given string can be formed by concatenating string elements of list
- String slicing in Python to check if a string can become empty by recursive deletion
- Python | Check if string ends with any string in given list
- Python | Check if a given string is binary string or not
- Python | Check for URL in a String
- Python | Check whether string contains only numbers or not
- Python | Check if string repeats itself
- Python | Check for float string
- Python Set | Check whether a given string is Heterogram or not
- Python | Check if a variable is string
- Python | Check for spaces in string
- Python | Check for ASCII string
- Python | Check if given string is numeric or not
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.