Given a string check if it is Pangram or not. A pangram is a sentence containing every letter in the English Alphabet.
Examples : The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog ” is a Pangram [Contains all the characters from ‘a’ to ‘z’]
“The quick brown fox jumps over the dog” is not a Pangram [Doesn’t contains all the characters from ‘a’ to ‘z’, as ‘l’, ‘z’, ‘y’ are missing]
We create a mark array of Boolean type. We iterate through all the characters of our string and whenever we see a character we mark it. Lowercase and Uppercase are considered the same. So ‘A’ and ‘a’ are marked in index 0 and similarly ‘Z’ and ‘z’ are marked in index 25.
After iterating through all the characters we check whether all the characters are marked or not. If not then return false as this is not a pangram else return true.
"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" is a pangram
Time Complexity: O(n), where n is the length of our string
Auxiliary Space – O(1).
This article is contributed by Rachit Belwariar. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Using Set() in Python Pangram Checking
- Check if a String can be converted to Pangram in K changes
- Python program to check if given string is pangram
- Missing characters to make a string Pangram
- Anagram checking in Python using collections.Counter()
- Online algorithm for checking palindrome in a stream
- Count the nodes of the tree which make a pangram when concatenated with the sub-tree nodes
- Python | Replacing Nth occurrence of multiple characters in a String with the given character
- Longest palindromic String formed using concatenation of given strings in any order
- Zoho Interview Experience
- Count of lexicographically smaller characters on right
- Program to build a DFA to accept strings that start and end with same character
- Program to build a DFA that accepts strings starting and ending with different character
- Program to print the given digit in words