Python is a widely used general-purpose, high level programming language. It was initially designed by Guido van Rossum in 1991 and developed by Python Software Foundation. It was mainly developed for emphasis on code readability, and its syntax allows programmers to express concepts in fewer lines of code.
Python is a programming language that lets you work quickly and integrate systems more efficiently.
There are two major Python versions- Python 2 and Python 3. Both are quite different.
Beginning with Python programming:
1) Finding an Interpreter:
Before we start Python programming, we need to have an interpreter to interpret and run our programs. There are certain online interpreters like https://ide.geeksforgeeks.org/, http://ideone.com/ or http://codepad.org/ that can be used to start Python without installing an interpreter.
Windows:There are many interpreters available freely to run Python scripts like IDLE ( Integrated Development Environment ) which is installed when you install the python software from http://python.org/
Linux:For Linux, Python comes bundled with the linux.
2) Writing first program:
Following is first program in Python
Let us analyze the script line by line.
Line 1 : [# Script Begins] In Python comments begin with #. So this statement is for readability of code and ignored by Python interpreter.
Line 2 : [print(“GeeksQuiz”)] In a Python script to print something on the console print() function is used – it simply prints out a line ( and also includes a newline unlike in C ). One difference between Python 2 and Python 3 is the print statement. In Python 2, the “print” statement is not a function, and therefore can be invoked without a parenthesis. However, in Python 3, it is a function, and must be invoked with parentheses.
Line 3 : [# Script Ends] This is just another comment like Line 1.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Python – The new generation Language
- Difference Between Go and Python Programming Language
- Python Language advantages and applications
- Python - Fastest Growing Programming Language
- Why is Python the Best-Suited Programming Language for Machine Learning?
- Python | Introduction to Matplotlib
- Python | Introduction to PyQt5
- Introduction to Convolutions using Python
- Multiprocessing in Python | Set 1 (Introduction)
- NumPy in Python | Set 1 (Introduction)
- Array in Python | Set 1 (Introduction and Functions)
- Complex Numbers in Python | Set 1 (Introduction)
- Function Decorators in Python | Set 1 (Introduction)
- Python Virtual Environment | Introduction
- Python | Introduction to Web development using Flask
Improved By : shivamsaraswat