Python provides wxpython module which allows us to create high functional graphical user interface. It is an Open Source module, which means it is free for anyone to use and the source code is available for anyone to look and modify.
It is implemented as a set of extension modules that wrap the GUI components of
wxWidgets library which is written in C++. It is cross platform GUI toolkit for python, Phoenix version Phoenix is the improved next-generation wxPython and it mainly focused on speed, maintainablity and extensibility.
Install using this command:
pip install wxpython
Creating GUI using wxpython:
- First import wx module.
- Create an object for application class.
- Create an object for frame class and other controls are added to frame object so its layout is maintained using panel .
- Then add a Static text object to show Hello World .
- Show the frame window by using show method.
- Run the app till the window is closed by using main event loop application object.
Example #1: A simple GUI application which says GEEKS FOR GEEKS using wxpython.
Example #2: Creating Buttons using wx module
Example #3: CheckBox using wxpython
Example #4: RadioButtons using wxpython
- C API from Extension Module in Python | Set 2
- Keyboard module in Python
- Pylatex module in python
- Fraction module in Python
- OS Path module in Python
- struct module in Python
- Python | Calendar Module
- OS Module in Python with Examples
- Python Urllib Module
- C Extension Module using Python
- Pygorithm module in Python
- Import module in Python
- C API from Extension Module in Python | Set 1
- Python | ASCII art using pyfiglet module
- Python | Getting started with SymPy module
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : bestharadhakrishna