Django provides a default admin interface which can be used to perform create, read, update and delete operations on the model directly. It reads set of data that explain and gives information about data from the model, to provide an instant interface where the user can adjust contents of the application . This is an in-built module and design to execute admin related work to the user.
Activating and Using the Admin Interface
The admin app(django.contrib.admin) is enabled by default and already added into the INSTALLED_APPS list present in the settings.py file.
To access this admin interface on browser write ‘/admin/’ at ‘localhost:8000/admin/’ and it shows the output as given below:
It prompts for login details, if no login id is created before, then a new superuser can be created by using the command given below:
python manage.py createsuperuser
Now, access the admin login page after starting the Development Server which can be done by using the command given below.
python manage.py runserver
Enter username and password, then hit login .
After logging in successfully, it shows the interface as shown below: .
This is what is called a Django Admin Dashboard where one can add, delete and update data belonging to any registered model.
- Python | Django News App
- Django Migrations | Python
- Django URL patterns | Python
- Views In Django | Python
- Intermediate fields in Django | Python
- Python | Form validation using django
- Python | Uploading images in Django
- Python | Sessions framework using django
- Python | ToDo webapp using Django
- Python | Relational fields in Django models
- Python | Django-allauth setup and Configuration
- Python | Extending and customizing django-allauth
- Django Sign Up and login with confirmation Email | Python
- Python | User groups with Custom permissions in Django
- Python Django | Google authentication and Fetching mails from scratch
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.