Puzzle: You are on a strict medical regimen that requires you to take two types of pills each day. You must take exactly one A pill and exactly one B pill at the same time. The pills are very expensive, and you don’t want to waste any. So you open the bottle of A pills and tap one out into your hand. Then you open the bottle of B pills and do the same thing – but you make a mistake, and two B pills come out into your hand with the A pill. But the pills are all exactly identical. There is no way to tell A pills apart from B pills. Is it possible to satisfy your regimen and take exactly one of each pill at the same time, without wasting any pills?
- Step 1: Cut each pill in half.
- Step 2: Take one half from each pair and form two pairs, say Pair A and pair B.
- Step 3: Take another pill from the bottle A, cut it in half.
- Step 4: Put each half into both the pairs. Now, each pile contains two halves from each type of pill, so you just take one of the piles (and the other the next day).
This article is contributed by Mohit Gupta_OMG 😀. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Puzzle | (4 Matchstick Problem)
- Puzzle | Water Jug Problem
- Puzzle | 8 balls problem
- Puzzle | Chances Of Second boy Child Problem
- Puzzle | Secret Mail Problem
- Puzzle 6 | (Monty Hall problem)
- Puzzle | Data Recovery Problem
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
- Puzzle | Elevator Puzzle
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
Improved By : Chinmoy Lenka