Project Title:- Hand-web Browser – Controlling Web Browser via different hand gestures
Introduction:- Web Browsers is a very common software application which we use every day, every hour. Use of technology can make use of web browsers more and easier. We know about hand gestures. Why not try hand gestures to control the browser itself?
The Internet is growing at a very fast pace. The use of web browser is also growing. The Internet is a solution to everything. Now, everyone has at least 2-3 most frequently visited website. Now, what if visits on those sites can be made simpler? I have tried to address the current situation and tried to make the use of a web browser easier.
Objective:- The Objective of my hack is to design a robust and efficient system which will be able to control the browser via hand gestures i.e. different hand gestures will be assigned to different sites. So, if we show a particular hand gesture, a particular site will open up in a new tab.
How it is better than the current system?
Everyone has some sites which are used very frequently. For example:- If someone is fond of social media, he/she can assign different hand gestures for sites such as Facebook, Instagram, and youtube. So, instead of typing the whole site name, you would be able to open the site in a new tab with just a hand gesture.
- Software architecture:-
- Anaconda(Spyder IDE)
- OpenCV (Open Source Computer Vision Library)
- Webbrowser module
Idea: I plan to design a system to solve above problem using image processing techniques and controlling the browser using hand gestures. At, first the user needs to enter the sites which he/she frequently visits and needs to control those sites using hand gestures. A user needs to enter the site names for the particular hand gestures. That’s all, the user can now control the browser, open sites in new tabs using hand gesture and can even close the browser using the hand gesture. Thus, a hand gesture controlled browser is made.
In this way a user can easily open the sites which he/she wants in the new tab using the hand gesture.
2 fingers are used to open facebook.
3 fingers are used to open Youtube.
4 fingers are used to open Twitter.
5 fingers are used to close Web Browser.
- We can apply some suitable image processing techniques and enable the system to scroll up and down in the page using different hand gestures. This might be useful if someone is reading an article or scrolling feeds.
- We can also enable the system to play/pause the video or audio in the current page using image processing technique/hand gesture control. Thus the video or audio in the current page will be played just by some hand gestures. For Example:- While using youtube we can play/pause the video we are watching whenever necessary using hand gestures.
- A combination of voice recognition and hand gestures would avoid the use of keyboard completely and would be of great help to visually and physically challenged people.
GitHub Code Repository:- https://github.com/ShivamMalani/Hand-Web-Browser
Instructions on how to execute the code are included in the mentioned GitHub Repository above in the ReadMe File.
YouTube link:- https://youtu.be/R95-OyD-P28
Technology is cool ! So, are we!
A new era is about to begin!
Team Members:- SHIVAM MALANI
Note: This project idea is contributed for ProGeek Cup 2.0- A project competition by GeeksforGeeks.
- Project Idea | (Project Approval System)
- Project Idea | (A.T.L.A.S: App Time Limit Alerting System)
- Project Idea | (A Game of Anagrams )
- Project Idea | (Remote Lab Assistance)
- Project Idea | (Model based Image Compression of Medical Images)
- Project Idea | (Personalized real-time update system)
- Project Idea | ( Character Recognition from Image )
- Project Idea | (Static Code Checker for C++)
- Project Idea | (CSE Webnode)
- Project Idea | (Optimization of Object-Based Image Analysis with Super-Pixel for Land Cover Mapping)
- Project Idea | (Online Course Registration)
- Project Idea | (Trip Planner)
- Project Idea | (Online UML Designing Tool)
- Project Idea | (Detection of Malicious Network activity)
- Project Idea | (Games using Hand Gestures)
- Project Idea | (Dynamic Hand Gesture Recognition using neural network)
- Project Idea | ( Client Master)
- Project Idea | (Universal Database Viewer)
- Project Idea| (Magical Hangouts: An Android Messaging App)
- Project Idea | ( True Random Number Generator)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : Shivam Malani