Project Idea | Technical Wizard – A Quiz Application
Project Title: Technical Wizard – A Quiz Application
Introduction:- India has a large number of Engineering Colleges, and almost all of them have Computer Science Branch in them. Now, from personal to professional knowledge of a person in Computer Science needs to be tested after proper intervals of time.
Technical Wizard is a quiz application that tests the knowledge of the user in Core Computer Science subjects like Operating System, DBMS, Computer Networks, Algorithm Design, and Analysis, etc. It is a web application with a number of features provided.
- Login and Logout System – The user needs to register on the website and then (s)he can give the test.
- The test Results will be provided as soon as the user completes the test.
- Each subject is allotted a duration of 5 minutes for solving around 10 questions.
- If the user doesn’t submit the test at the end of 5 minutes, the test will be automatically submitted to the database.
- The user has complete access over his/her account. They can access their account by logging into it again and see their improvement by giving the test again.
- The order of question changes for different users.
- The website is compatible to use on different devices.
- Good messages are provided to the user screen using JSON.
Conceptual Framework:- Now coming to the features that are provided in Technical Wizard.
- PHP Server – XAMPP, WAMP or USB Web Server.
- Editor – Laravel, Codeignitor or Notepad++, etc.
- Database – MySQL (for saving test results and user information).
Application:- Some students want to test their knowledge. Some colleges organize such technical quiz events. In such cases, an application will be used and will be found to be very user-friendly and requires less manpower as everything is online. For selecting top 3 scorers, we can simply write a SQL query to select the Top 3 participant with the highest score from the database. The application contains the good level of questions, i.e. not every student can get good marks.
Link to the website: techwiz.22web.org
Research Work Done:
- Login and Logout System in PHP.
- Keeping attractive timer in the website and it automatically decreases on the website without refreshing the web page again and again.
- To show some messages on selection of subject using JSON object.
- Including GIF in a website.
- Instant result production as soon as the user submits the test.
Note: This project idea is contributed for ProGeek Cup 2.0- A project competition by GeeksforGeeks.