Project Title: Home of Things – An android app dedicated to the society.
Introduction: An Android application which allows the user to read news regarding NGOs and also can donate and claim donated items. This app provides the following features:-
- Provides a news reading platform regarding NGO’s activities.
- Provides a donate section which allows the donor to donate what he/she want to.
- Provides a claim section which allows any user to claim the products donated for free(can search by pin code ).
- Also provides a section for NGOs to aware them about the donated products to distribute them in their organizations.
How a donor can contribute?
- First he/she has to give his/her details like name, address, pincode.
- Then to select the section of items what he wants to donate.
- In case if the item which he wants to donate is not provided in the section, he/she should select “Others” section.
- And finally a little description about the product.
How will this help in NGOs?
- There is a section provided in this app called “NGO” in action bar.
- By clicking this section, a summary of all the items in our database is provided so that they can decide that the stock of products is enough to take or not.
- If they want to take it, they have to send a request to us through email
( button and details is provided in the app itself ) .
- When their email is verified, they will receive the details of donated products
Platform for reading current news related to NGO:
- While opening this app, a user can read all the latest news related to NGO’s activity happening in our country.
- They can also refresh the content to be always updated
How one can claim the products?
- First one has to sign in through google account.
- Then refresh the list of the donated product and search items through pincode.
- Then click the item and claim it.
- But he/she has to take the claimed item from the donor within 24 hours.
- Address is provided in the list.
- And only one thing can be claimed within 24 hours.
- Android studio.
- Google firebase for database and authentication purpose.
- News api by newsapi.org for this application.
Github link of the project: https://github.com/alokbharti/Home-Of-Things
Video link: Link to see the demonstration of this app.
Note: This project idea is contributed by Alok Bharti for ProGeek Cup 2.0- A project competition by GeeksforGeeks.
- Project Idea | IOT Based Home Device Controller
- Project Idea | (Project Approval System)
- Project Idea | Know More
- Project Idea | Get Me Through
- Project Idea | God's Eye
- Project Idea | Assist Bot
- Project Idea | Re-Medi
- Project Idea | (LinkBook)
- Project Idea| CamCaliber
- Project Idea | Social-Cop
- Project Idea | MediTrack
- Project Idea | (CAPTURED)
- Project Idea | Third -Eye : Aid for Blind
- Project Idea | Express
- Project Idea | CafeWiFi
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.