Given time in hours, find the time in minute at which the minute hand and hour hand coincide in next one hour.
Input : 3 Output : (180/11) minutes Input :7 Output : (420/11) minutes
1. Take two variables for hour “h1 and h2” and then find the angle “theta” [theta = (30 * h1)] and then divide it by “11” to find the time in minute(m). We are dividing with 11, because the hands of a clock coincide 11s time in 12 hours and 22 times in 24 hours :
Formula : This can be calculated using the formula for time h1 to h2 means [11m / 2 – 30 (h1)]
this implies [ m = ((30 * h1) * 2) / 11 ] ]
[ m = (theta * 2) / 11 ]
where [theta = (30 * h1) ]
where A and B are hours i.e if given hour is (2, 3) then A = 2 and B = 3 .
- Calculate the angle between hour hand and minute hand
- Find time when hour and minute hands superimpose
- Find a time for which angle between hour and minute hands is given theta
- Python program to convert time from 12 hour to 24 hour format
- Program to convert time from 12 hour to 24 hour format
- Convert time from 24 hour clock to 12 hour clock format
- Time taken per hour for stoppage of Car
- Time difference between expected time and given time
- Changing One Clock Time to Other Time in Minimum Number of Operations
- Minimum time to reach a point with +t and -t moves at time t
- Program to find the time after K minutes from given time
- Add given n time durations
- Convert given time into words
- Calculate the IST : Indian Standard Time
- Maximum possible time that can be formed from four digits
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : jit_t