NICE Systems Ltd. Interview Experience(On-Campus)
Recently, NICE visited my campus with the role of Associate Software Engineer.
Eligibility Criteria: Degree in CS/IT, Minimum Grade/Percentage – 60% and above or CGPA 6.5 throughout the academic career.
120 Students applied.
- Online Test
- Technical Interview
- Managerial Interview
- HR Interview
Online Test: An Online test was conducted on the Interview Mocha “https://www.interviewmocha.com/” platform. The duration of the test was 100 minutes. There were 7 sections. The test had a negative marking.
- Quantitative Aptitude (5 MCQ’s, 10mins.)
- Non-verbal ability (5 MCQ’s, 10mins.)
- Software Engineering Fundamentals (8 MCQ’s, 10mins.)
- Testing Knowledge (10 MCQ’s, 20 mins.)
- DBMS (8 MCQ’s, 10mins.)
- Data Structures Round (1 Code, 20 mins.)
- Calculate the no. of 1’s by inverting the elements of an array of size n, which contains bits 0 and 1, by selecting a subarray.
- Math/String/Array Round (1 Code, 20 mins.)
Technical Interview: Around 40 Students were shortlisted for this round. It had a panel of two interviewers. It had the following Questions:
- Tell me about yourself?
- Asked questions about one of my web development projects that was mentioned in my resume.
- Asked which language am I comfortable with. So I choose JAVA. Following questions were asked:
- OOPS concepts. Asked my favorite concept and dug deeper about it (In my case: Polymorphism)
- Gave me a code snippet and asked me for its output (It was moderate)
- What are JRE, JDK, and JVM?
- Write a code to Reverse a String (I gave 2 approaches to this problem and coded both of them)
- Write a code to Find duplicate numbers in an array (Directly gave the optimal approach and coded it)
- Then, It was the DBMS section. Following questions were asked:
- What are DDL and DML?
- What are the types of joins? And explain what is a self join?
- Query to find the employee who has the maximum salary.
- Puzzle: Man in the Elevator (The puzzle was quite weird but funny, the interviewer gave a lot of hints)
This round lasted about an hour. The panelists were very friendly and gave hints throughout the process. It was more of a discussion than an interview.
Managerial Interview: This round was with the Director of Engineering. Following questions were asked:
- Tell me about yourself?
- Asked me about my projects mentioned in my resume.
- What are my future plans? Am I interested in doing masters?
- Puzzle: 9 coins and 1 odd coin (I had done this previously, so, took a gap and told him my answer, the interviewer wanted to know my thought process)
- Which field am I interested in? (Data Analytics/AI/Frontend/Backend/Database)
This round lasted about 20 mins. The interviewer was very friendly too.
HR Interview: It had a panel of two interviewers. Both of them were very friendly. Following questions were asked:
- Questions on my past Internships and projects mentioned in my resume
- What technology stack did I use in my projects?
- Where do I live and other basic questions?
The interview lasted about 15-20 mins. Both of them were very friendly too.
Finally, they selected 8 students, and I was one of them. The interview process was very efficient and friendly.
- Be Honest with the interviewer. DO NOT lie in your resume. They ask about each and every project/internship.
- Let the interviewer know your thought process. (While coding, explain every line)
- Be Confident about whatever you say.
- If you don’t know the answer, just say NO.
Finally, I would love to thank GeeksforGeeks for such lovely content and for helping me throughout my career.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google , E-Litmus and Microsoft Test Serieses.