Given a rectangular sheet of length l and width w. we need to divide this sheet in the square sheets such that the number of square sheets should be as minimum as possible.
Input :l= 4 w=6
We can form squares with side of 1 unit, But the number of squares will be 24, this is not minimum. If we make square with side of 2, then we have 6 squares. and this is our required answer.
And also we can’t make square with side 3, if we select 3 as square side, then whole sheet can’t be converted into suares of equal length.
Input :l=3 w=5
Optimal length of side of a square is equal to GCD of two numbers
- Minimum squares to cover a rectangle
- Possible number of Rectangle and Squares with the given set of elements
- Count number of squares in a rectangle
- Number of squares of maximum area in a rectangle
- Number of squares of side length required to cover an N*M rectangle
- Minimum Cost to cut a board into squares
- Paper Cut into Minimum Number of Squares | Set 2
- Paper Cut into Minimum Number of Squares
- Minimum sum of squares of character counts in a given string after removing k characters
- Minimum queens required to cover all the squares of a chess board
- JavaFX | Rectangle and Rounded Rectangle with examples
- Minimum number of squares whose sum equals to given number n
- Circumradius of the rectangle
- Sum of squares of Fibonacci numbers
- Sum of squares of first n natural numbers
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : SURENDRA_GANGWAR