Given a rectangular sheet of length l and width w. we need to divide this sheet in the square sheets such that the number of square sheets should be as minimum as possible.
Input :l= 4 w=6
We can form squares with side of 1 unit, But the number of squares will be 24, this is not minimum. If we make square with side of 2, then we have 6 squares. and this is our required answer.
And also we can’t make square with side 3, if we select 3 as square side, then whole sheet can’t be converted into suares of equal length.
Input :l=3 w=5
Optimal length of side of a square is equal to GCD of two numbers
- Minimum squares to cover a rectangle
- Count number of squares in a rectangle
- Number of squares of maximum area in a rectangle
- Number of squares of side length required to cover an N*M rectangle
- Rectangle with minimum possible difference between the length and the width
- Find minimum area of rectangle with given set of coordinates
- Paper Cut into Minimum Number of Squares
- Largest subset of rectangles such that no rectangle fit in any other rectangle
- Ratio of area of a rectangle with the rectangle inscribed in it
- Minimum number of squares whose sum equals to given number n
- Circumradius of the rectangle
- Area and Perimeter of Rectangle in PL/SQL
- Draw Rectangle in C graphics
- Path in a Rectangle with Circles
- Maximum area of rectangle possible with given perimeter
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.