Given a rectangular sheet of length l and width w. we need to divide this sheet in the square sheets such that the number of square sheets should be as minimum as possible.
Input :l= 4 w=6
We can form squares with side of 1 unit, But the number of squares will be 24, this is not minimum. If we make square with side of 2, then we have 6 squares. and this is our required answer.
And also we can’t make square with side 3, if we select 3 as square side, then whole sheet can’t be converted into suares of equal length.
Input :l=3 w=5
Optimal length of side of a square is equal to GCD of two numbers
- Minimum squares to cover a rectangle
- Count number of squares in a rectangle
- Number of squares of maximum area in a rectangle
- Number of squares of side length required to cover an N*M rectangle
- Paper Cut into Minimum Number of Squares
- Find minimum area of rectangle with given set of coordinates
- Rectangle with minimum possible difference between the length and the width
- Ratio of area of a rectangle with the rectangle inscribed in it
- Largest subset of rectangles such that no rectangle fit in any other rectangle
- Minimum number of squares whose sum equals to given number n
- Circumradius of the rectangle
- Path in a Rectangle with Circles
- Area and Perimeter of Rectangle in PL/SQL
- Draw Rectangle in C graphics
- Finding the best fit rectangle that covers a given point
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.