It was a bulk-hiring process, where they had flown in interviewers from Hyderabad. Around 40+ candidates of more than 3 years of experience had been called. Everyone was made to wait, and it was too stressful on the candidates – due to the long wait time, and the panel – due to the high number of candidates to be interviewed. I had two rounds. Each round was less than 30 minutes and very short. Not sure if it is because I gave the answer right away or because the interviewers were not interested (seemed like it).
- Tell me about yourself.
- About my current work and job.
- Then asked one coding question. That was Reversal algorithm for array rotation.
He asked to propose any solution first and then optimize it. I said I have encountered this question and know the optimal solution with O(n) time and O(1) space. He asked to explain the solution and then code it. Once I completed, he asked to do unit test and say a few test cases, I did it, that was it.
- Few questions about my current work and job
- One coding question. That was Clone LL with random pointer.
I had not known this question before and I came up with hashing based implementation. The interviewer asked me to write it down, and once done he asked me for alternative implementations. I suggested two other methods all with O(n) extra space, but he wanted with O(1) extra space. I could not come up with it and be asked to leave.
Other people who interviewed with me got the following questions:
- Implement singleton design pattern.
- Clone Circular Linked List.
The overall interview experience was very bad. I had to wait for more than 7 hours just to give 30 minutes of the interview. The interviewers did not discuss or participate in problem-solving, once I solved the given problem, the interview was over. Also, they seemed very disinterested in the entire interview process. HR co-ordination was also very bad. Both interviewers did not have my resume and had someone else’s resume – so it was irritating. The major focus was on the array, Linked List and design.
- Microsoft Interview experience for full time position of software engineer at Microsoft Ireland Research
- Microsoft Interview Experience (Full Time 2018 Washington DC - with 2.5 years of experience)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 151 (SDE-2 3.5 years experience)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 169 (SDE 2 for 3.5 years experience)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 56 (For SDE 2)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 57 (For SDE)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 64 (For SDE-2)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 68 (For SDE)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 53
- Microsoft interview Experience | Set 50
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 135 (For SDE II)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | SDE-II
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 54 (For SDE)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 69 (For SDE)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 88 (For SDE-1)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.