Microsoft visited NIT Jalandhar on 6th August, 2018 for hiring. approximately 250 students were eligible for 1st round.
Round 1: (coding round) (75 MINUTES)It was conducted on cocubes platform. there were different sets of questions and every set had three questions. I got following questions:
- Given a string find the number of occurrences of regex’ 10*1′.
- given a condition that only odd-numbered cars can be used on odd-numbered days and even-numbered cars can be used on even-numbered days. you are given an array of car numbers and a date, find out the number of cars that can be used.
I was able to solve two questions and I was selected for next round. 70 students were selected for next round.
Round 2:(Group fly) (30 MINUTES)This round was pen and paper round.All students were given a question and we need to write algorithm as well as code on paper. write neat code and properly explain your algorithm. question is given below:
25 students were selected for next round.
Round 3:(technical interview) Interviewer first asked me to explain my projects. One of my projects was on jdbc so he asked me a query on sql related to it. Explain your projects properly and confidently. Then he asked me below question:
I answered this question and wrote the code. Then he asked me to develop test cases for this questions. I found out the cases where a solution to this question may fail. Then he asked me questions on OOPS concepts (inheritance, difference between class and objects, etc)
I was shortlisted for the next round.
Round 4:(technical interview) Interviewer asked me for brief description of my projects. Then he asked me to tell the approach which i used in group fly round. I had used Dynamic programming. Then he asked me to find more optimized way as dp was using a lot of space for a large amount of numbers. So I tried recursion and he said it will use lot of time. so I tried sorting and some more approaches like trees etc.
Then he asked me a question that there are aeroplanes landing and taking off. we need to construct a system which will ensure collision-free landings and taking offs. I told an approach using semaphores. He discussed this approach in depth and then said that in aviation what will be the factors considered for collision then I said that we will check speed, angles, etc. He was checking how much pressure I can handle and in such pressure how much I can think. Then he asked me about normalisation, denormalisation, OOPS concepts like real-life significance of objects, what is the real life example of linked list.
I was shortlisted for the next round.
Round 5(HR+technical) Interviwer asked me the following questions:
- tell me about yourself – projects
- how your weakness effects you
- what do you know about microsoft (its products)
- machine learning
- cloud computing
- benefits of cloud
- where do you see yourself after 5 years?
8 students were selected for Microsoft and I was one of them. Geeksforgeeks helped me a lot to achieve this.
- MathWorks Interview Experience (EDG, Oncampus)
- UHG Interview Experience | OnCampus- 2019
- ServiceNow Interview Experience Oncampus
- InfoEdge Interview Experience | OnCampus-2019
- Interview with 1MG.com DATA SCIENCE profile
- WheelsEye Interview Experience SDE Profile
- Groupon Interview | Set 1 (SDE Profile - Fresher)
- TCS Digital profile Interview 2019
- Adobe Interview Experience | Set 18 (For WBT Profile)
- D E Shaw Interview Experience | Set 20 (For Q&A Profile)
- Hike Interview Experience | QA Profile
- TCS CodeVita Interview | Digital vs Ninja profile
- Wipro Interview experience for Star profile
- Wipro Turbo Interview Experience | Set 11 (For MNT Profile)
- Wipro Turbo Interview Experience | Set 12 (For CSP Profile)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.