1st round was skype interview:
Question 1 : Given a bst find 4 numbers which sum upto a given number .
without using extra space
Answer: Convert bst to dll and use 2 pointers approach O(n^3)
Question 2 : It was based on BST also, don’t remeber the question.
From 2nd round onwards it was on Microsoft Hyderabad campus:
Question 1: Given a rowwise and column wise sorted matrix find number of negative elements in it.
Expected time complexcity O(n).
Answer: Start from bottom left element and if element is negative move right and if positive move up counting the number of negattive elements in a row and keeping boundary condition in mind.
Question 2: Given a Array of String encode that array into a String such that decode function can decode using the encoded String only.
Answer : For each String add Length of string a delimiter and String to encoded String.
If String is “abcd”
add 4#abcd to encoded String
Question 1 : Given a binary tree and a list of nodes to be deleted, find the root node of each tree after deletion
For ex if tree is
1 / \ 2 3 / \ 4 5
and node to be deleted is 2, then answer will contain 1, 4, 5
O(n) single traversal.
Answer using postorder traversal.
Question 2: Given Dictionary of words and mobile Keypad, given number find all dictionary String starting from it.
https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-possible-words-phone-digits/ similar to this
Based on transforming 1 String to another, using graphs.
Round 3 : Manegerial Round:
General HR questions:
Why should we hire you?
Why do you want to change?
What do you do apart from projects?
One Technical Question:
Sort 50 GB large file of words.
Sorted chunks and then used heap.
Then told about the team i will be joining in details.
In every question they wanted Production ready code on paper.
- BuyHatke interview experience (On-campus for 6 months internship)
- Nvidia Interview for 6 months internship (On-Campus)
- 7 Innovation Labs Interview Experience (6 Months Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 167 (SDE I for 1 year 6 months experience)
- SAP Labs Interview Experience | Set 36 (For 2 Months Internship)
- SAP labs Interview Experience(6 months internship)
- SAP Labs Interview Experience | For 2 Months Internship
- SAP Labs Interview Experience for 2 Months Internship
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 267 (8 Months Experienced)
- Amazon Interview Experience | ( 6 Months Intern for SDE-1 )
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 157 (On-Campus)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 59 (On-Campus)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 177 (On-Campus)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 61 (On-Campus for IDC)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 176 (On-Campus)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.