First round was machine test that comprised 3 questions.
- Given an array of numbers in range (0 – 49) and queries having start index and end index, find maximum element for each query. (I used square root decomposition).
- Given N natural numbers, 1 is missing, find the number. Then, the interviewer expanded the problem to find 2 or more missing numbers.
- Given a continuous stream of strings, find top 10 largest strings at any instant. Following link will be helpful.
This round was based on HLD (high level design).
1. Design a search engine. Handle the cases of Auto-Correction and Text-Prediction (like modern search engines). Explain (Tries + DFS + String Handling). Then, we discussed about Search Engines and how user experience can be improved.
This round was based on my projects at Delhivery.
1. Discussion on Green Threads and how are they different from kernel level threads. Explain using multithreading and multitasking. Which one performs better. (I used green threads in I/O intensive tasks.)
2. Design an authentication using AWS services like Api gateway and lambda.
3. Then, he asked me about my Google Summer of Code project and my contributions to open-source and we had a very healthy discussion.
This round was taken by a senior manager.
1. Given an array of integers of size n. An element at index i is called peak element if arr[i – 1] < arr[i] > arr[i + 1] for i in range 1 to n – 1 OR arr[i] > arr[i + 1] for i = 0 OR arr[i] > arr[i – 1] for i = n – 1; Find all peak elements in an array in less than O(n) time complexity.
2. You are given many files of 6 GB, each having stream of integers. You have space of 4 GB left in your main memory (mainly to swap out, swap in). You have to store sorted sequence of integers in all file in a other output file. How will you do that?
Then we had discussion on Red black trees, sharding, redis internals, concept of single threaded applications and event loop .etc.
This round was based on Behavioral Skills taken by HR team.
They asked several situational based questions like if there is some tussle between you and your manager regarding some implementation, how did you tackle that. Was your manager convinced.
After 1 month I got a call from HR that I have been selected.
- Microsoft Interview experience for full time position of software engineer at Microsoft Ireland Research
- Microsoft Interview Experience (Full Time 2018 Washington DC - with 2.5 years of experience)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 169 (SDE 2 for 3.5 years experience)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 151 (SDE-2 3.5 years experience)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 90
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 88 (For SDE-1)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 88 (For SDE-2)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 89 (For SDE-2)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 75 (For SDE II)
- Microsoft Interview Experience
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 131
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 135 (For SDE II)
- Microsoft Interview experience | Set 106
- Microsoft Interview Experience | SDE-II
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 166
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.